Tattooing? Put a sock in it! On it, I mean... ON it.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
I'm sure we've all seen those astronomically expensive zippered tattoo restraint bags. I really want one, but just can't stomach the idea of spending $25 bucks or more on something like that, and could never decide which size to buy in any case.

So... I got creative, and raided my sock drawer for a sock, and Hub's desk drawer for a binder clip. I used a fleece sock which was past its prime with little elasticity left. One small slit in the sock for the ear, and voila! :p

Bunny restraint bag!

IMG_0570.JPG

I tattooed about 20 buns quickly and easily. I held them between my legs, and the combination of pressure from that and the sock itself in addition to the fact they could not see kept them very calm.

So- next time you have some little buns to tat, put a sock in it! Er- I mean ON it. :oops:

:p great idea! but i had to laugh a bit because at first it looked like a stuffed sheep toy :lol: but after i read the whole thing it made perfect sense! i'm so gonna do this when i do my first tattoos!

Pretty amusing, isn't it? :lol:

It does work amazingly well though, if I do say so myself. :mrgreen:

*Pats self on back with smug satisfaction* :dance7:

I luaghed and laughed when I saw that pic. I kept thinking MSD is living up to her name- sheep :)

VERY cool idea.

That's way cool. what an idea.
Bunny in a sock Tattooing. You Stuff Um, We'll Ink Um. LOL

:laugh2: OMG, I laughed so hard I choked myself! That photo is priceless!!

I use old sweater sleeves, tie one end and cut a tiny hole for the head and ear. Then scrunch the rabbit up in a tight ball, tie the other end up against it. Having the rabbit that loose does not work for me, rabbits still can kick, struggle and hurt my legs or itself.
Great use for all those ugly sweaters we all have!

:lol: :lol: I had a good laugh at that picture. Great idea though! I had to show my boyfriend. I guess the buns have no trouble breathing in there?

Susie570":38ap7vm8 said:
:lol: :lol: I had a good laugh at that picture.

I know! Pretty funny!

Susie570":38ap7vm8 said:
I guess the buns have no trouble breathing in there?

I don't think so- but they aren't in there for very long. Covering the eyes of animals keeps them calm (which is why falconers hood their hawks until they are about to fly them, and horses eyes are covered to get them out of dangerous situations, like a barn on fire), but who knows... maybe a little oxygen deprivation is a factor too. ;)

Now that I am more experienced with tattooing, I rarely restrain my rabbits at all. I just sit them on my lap when I tattoo. But very occasionally I run into a more difficult rabbit that needs to be wrapped up.

MamaSheepdog":1h0ip0cj said:
Now that I am more experienced with tattooing, I rarely restrain my rabbits at all. I just sit them on my lap when I tattoo. But very occasionally I run into a more difficult rabbit that needs to be wrapped up.

Right. I've been trying to make a decision whether to go with a pen, like the one being discussed in the thread, or a clamp. I guess I'll talk about it on the other thread, but thank you for this idea :)

Susie570":21doorlq said:
Right. I've been trying to make a decision whether to go with a pen, like the one being discussed in the thread, or a clamp. I guess I'll talk about it on the other thread, but thank you for this idea :)

I'll be trying the sock when my harli kits are old enough to need it. :D

Susie. It's pretty apparent that the clamp I saw being used was a LOT more painful to the rabbits than the KBtatts pen I bought.
It did help that I was able to test it myself and confirm that it was LESS painful than a tattoo machine designed for human use.

Latest posts

Back