Netherland Mix?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allie

Reaction score
53FD03F8-7B3F-4F21-9F93-040083C20F83.jpeg
Hello! I’m new to the forum but I’ve had rabbits my whole life. Admittedly I have a soft spot for lionhead bunnies. I love their long hair, and my first lionhead was the kind of rabbit you get once in a lifetime. Anyway, I got a new girl a couple weeks ago - I was told she is a lionhead mini Rex mix. She was free. When we went to get her we did see her father, he was surprisingly little, and so was Mea. My best friend took a litter mate whose double her size. Over the last few days I started to wonder if she could possibly have Netherland dwarf in her. I’ll attach a couple of pictures! Maybe some more knowledge with the Netherland dwarf breed could recognize the traits in her. I can definitely see the lionhead in her, haha. Her fur gives that away! Oh and she was born August 7th so she’s four months old.

it's impossible to know unless you saw the parents. if sibling was double the size, think mini rex as nethie's are small and getting large kits off a nethie/lionhead cross doesn't make sense unless the lionhead was oversized.

It looks bigger than a Netherland. It definantly had Lionhead, but the coloring is not found in the Netherland Breed. I do think it is a Lionhead Rex.

Back