Moving kits to new moms question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheChad

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I had a doe who had 7 kits last night. All died but one due to her not having them down in the nest covered. She has been breeding for two years and is a good mom. We don’t normally have this low of temps we are currently having.

Today my other doe had ten. Am I still good to move four of the ten to the other doe with the one she still has living? I am not going to put them back out with her till in the morning due to temps still being low. Than,s for the responses.

Sounds good. I'd move some kits from the big litter to the litter of 1 if I were you. Single kits have problems regulating your temperature, though, so if you really want that one out of the single litter you might want to move them sooner

SableSteel":17ynuf3z said:
Sounds good. I'd move some kits from the big litter to the litter of 1 if I were you. Single kits have problems regulating your temperature, though, so if you really want that one out of the single litter you might want to move them sooner

Thanks. I took and put it with three others a little while ago. It is doing well. I will leave them together and see how the doe does with them. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back