Processing Video.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:x I was wondering if it could be seen :x :x

I'm not real whippy on this thing.
My buddy that shot the video set it up for me.

I thought folks might be a little leery of the link.

Thanks for your comments.

grumpy.

Thank you for posting this! I have been struggling with different methods and poor video angles.

MaggieJ":35givh3z said:
:thankyou:

Great work, Grumpy! Thank you for sharing it with the RabbitTalk community. :)

No prob, Maggie,

It served its purpose with the processor writing protocols for USDA.
They learned a lot from it and it sped up their processing times a great deal.
Sorry I had to pull it earlier. Now, we can leave it.
It's copyrighted so duplication would be an issue if it appears on another site.

Strictly for the RT community. LOL.

BTW: Keith Foster is the fella that designs my novel covers.
:) He's a good guy. :)

grumpy.

Couldn't sleep... for some reason I thought watching this video in preparation for processing rabbits would help...

It was very well filmed, didn't traumatize me nearly as much as I thought it would. I'm really wanting to try to process my own rabbits, rather than relying on my mom's boyfriend or my brother to come and get them and do them for me. I'll probably have to watch this a few more times to really get comfortable with the idea and the general process, but I was really glad to find the link here, where I trust people not to be creepy and scary.

Now... everyone wish me luck while I try to sleep, LOL.

Nice job Grumpy. Just got to watching this as I had been wanting to since you posted it. I like how you initially started skinning the rabbit with inserting the nice near the tendon and just running it all the way up the other side. Seem a heck of a lot easier than trying to cut around the leg in a circle.

You should also do a video on processing the rabbit.

I also laughed when I saw the note on the refrigerator. "Close the door dummy" lol.

mystang89":3jvnzthq said:
Nice job Grumpy. You should also do a video on processing the rabbit.

I also laughed when I saw the note on the refrigerator. "Close the door dummy" lol.

Thanks mystang89:
Do you mean cutting one up?

That note on the door is for yours truly..LOL.
I've been guilty a time or two in "NOT" closing it.

grumpy.

great instruction, well done.
i've been processing alot of wild rabbits, and going to start raising rabbits for meat.
you taught me some better methods, thx.

one thing i came up with after sticking my knife into the pee bladder was, i use a letter opener to open them up. works like a charm.

when you break there neck, are you give it a sharp twist to the side, or pulling straight down ?

fishbone":33du61hp said:
great instruction, well done.
i've been processing alot of wild rabbits, and going to start raising rabbits for meat.
you taught me some better methods, thx.

one thing i came up with after sticking my knife into the pee bladder was, i use a letter opener to open them up. works like a charm.

I make sure there's no internal "matter" from any of the organs that are allowed "outside" the organ itself. This video was produced to allow a processer to write protocols for his facility that meets USDA requirements. Those requirements include no internal organ contents touching and contaminating the meat.

when you break there neck, are you give it a sharp twist to the side, or pulling straight down ?

A straight pull sharply downwards dislocates (snaps) the neck and severs the spinal cord. No twist is required.

Grumpy.

grumpy":1exs69l5 said:
Thanks mystang89:
Do you mean cutting one up?

That note on the door is for yours truly..LOL.
I've been guilty a time or two in "NOT" closing it.

grumpy.

Yep. Didn't know if you ever had to cut them up or if you just shipped them whole like that. I've used the Youtube vid from some guy whos name I can't remember (Helpful i know.) but I always like seeing if there are ways to improve.

Latest posts

Back