Is this correct posing for a Netherland Dwarf?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MR_ND":2y6rwuha said:
http://dwarf_info.tripod.com/dwarfpose.html

What are your tips for teaching a rabbit to pose. I'm going to start with mine when they are young, so hopefully it should be easier and I hope to have them very tame.

He's underposed.

Here is a correctly posed Netherland...

images

I would work with the rabbit every day until he poses almost completely on his own, or completely on his own. I teach my Hares to stand when I tough either their cheek or shoulder.

~SDR

With a Dwarf, posing depends on two things:

1. temperament
2. conformation

Temperament- A rabbit has to be willing to pose without biting the judge. My bucks are racy little guys that are always moving. My girls, on the other hand, are a little bit more laid back.

Conformation- This plays a key role in posing a dwarf. Many factors such as:

long shoulders/body
low head set
low shoulders

can affect a rabbit's ability to pose. I have a longness problem in my rabbits (which I am trying to minimize) but no head set issue.

Thank you. I thought the rabbit in the link I provided didn't look quite right.

squidpop":zsc49esy said:
Do people use treats to teach them to pose? Someone needs to make a good video on how to pose- I know I need one.

You could probably use treats to start them posing, but I would reccomend just using touch or sound as a cue because the judges are not going to use treats.

~SDR

Back