Has anyone ever tried this before?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macksmom98

Reaction score
So with Easter fast approaching, and our lack of
recient rabbit sales (we finally have a baby again)
I have been brainstorming how to get some profit coming in. Here is my idea, let me know if you have tried it or have any advice.....

A couple of weekends before Easter
I would like to set up a photo background and spend no more than $50 on whatever I buy for it. Then I plan to advertise pictures with our bunnies. $10 for 10 minutes (unless they don't cooperate). Parents will bring a phone or their own camera so I am not responsible for getting prints to customers. I hope to get 15 appointments so that I recoup my $50 and make an additional $100 to put into the bunny fund.

What do ya all think? Pretty do able or do you see holes in this plan? I have considered inclement weather as well as unforeseen problems, but not sure if I have thought of everything......

I guess my goal is to offer to friends or aquaintences first, then if I still have spots to fill advertise other places. But I am always a little leary of strangers coming to my home....

it might just work.

You could try and see what happens. You would have to advertise the heck out of it though.

OR.. connect with a local professional photographer and offer your bunnies up as props for a fee per session.. that way all you have to do is.. bring your bunnies.

I thought about a professional too, but I think I decided I want to keep it more affordable and my bunnies at home, rather than have to transport them. And I don't really want to share profits with a photographer.....I guess it's an experiement and if it doesn't work I can go another route later....

macksmom98":1xth12eh said:
I am always a little leary of strangers coming to my home....

Is there a park near you where you could set up instead? You would probably get additional impulse sales that way, and you can just advertise that you will be there between certain hours on a particular day.

MamaSheepdog":1n1ovpkc said:
macksmom98":1n1ovpkc said:
I am always a little leary of strangers coming to my home....

Is there a park near you where you could set up instead? You would probably get additional impulse sales that way, and you can just advertise that you will be there between certain hours on a particular day.

This IMO is a very good idea. Especially if they have nice flowers you could use as a background.

I'll consider a park again. I had thought of that but then the thought occurred to me that I could be exposing my buns to unknown dogs and a non-enclosed area. My backyard has a fence and their cages, plus of someone no-shows I at home and could grab something in between customers, etc....but I did just buy a portable pen that would be perfect for this:) <br /><br /> __________ Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:47 pm __________ <br /><br /> And yes, sample photos are a must:)

Latest posts

Back