Easy Rabbit Casserole

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheel506

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm one of those that doesn't really measure when cooking :oops: so this is a loose recipe with approximate measurements. Veggies can be easily substituted to suit personal taste, great to make in the summer with fresh veggies.

1 rabbit, cooked and shredded (cook overnight in the crockpot with plenty of water and you'll have stock to save for other recipes)
2 medium yellow squash and 2 medium zucchinis, sliced fairly thin
1 vidalia onion, chopped
mixed veggies - peas, carrots, green beans, corn, etc. Use frozen veggies thawed and drained or fresh veggies lightly steamed and drained.
sour cream, about a cup? possibly more...
shredded cheddar cheese, around 3/4 cup
shredded mozzarella cheese, around 1/2 cup
herbs to taste, I used black pepper, garlic, parsley, oregano, and a little rosemary
breadcrumbs (optional)

Saute squash, zucchini, and onion uncovered in butter or oil until tender, then mix in a bowl with drained veggies and shredded meat.

Mix in sour cream until well blended, then mix in herbs and shredded cheeses. Spread mixture in casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs, bake at 350 until bubbly and browned on top

Man that sounds wonderful! To bad my step son will not eat it because of the cheese, texture thing. I will definitely try it once he goes back to mom in a few weeks though.
:oops: I am also one of those that cooks by eyeing ingredients..... :oops:

That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

tarheel506":1qp2uddh said:
Sorry, I'm one of those that doesn't really measure when cooking :oops:

Haha, yes. This reads like one of my recipes, "Some oregano, idk, maybe about a dash? Couple dashes?" :lol:

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not alone :D I do irritate myself sometimes when I try to re-make something that turned out good and can't remember what the heck I put in it, haha

Back