another question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba man

Reaction score
hello all - ok i bought 2 does so she said but i saw them mating and soon after the one started pulling her hair - was told to seperate them so they have been seperated about 2 weeks we have made an appointment to neuter the male [ monday ] - question is see she never had kit - now with him fixed will we be able to put them together or will her hormones act up and destroy him ?????

mating might not have been mating... might have just been dominance behaviour.

Depends entirely on the doe. Some does are fine with an unneutered buck, others are not. Sometimes you need to get them both neutered.

he`s out getting neutered i just hope they can live together <br /><br /> -- Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:39 pm -- <br /><br /> found out he is a she - so it cost a little more but now i have 2 does just hope in time they can live together

If the does haven't been bred before they should be able to get along, especially if they were raised together.

Mounting behavior between two females is common, and, as ladysown said, is dominance related.

Just keep an eye on them, hopefully they will sort out their place and settle down together. If you see evidence of fur-pulling or fighting then they may need to be kept separate.

Back