12 kits 1 lactating doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My doe had her largest litter of 12 surviving kits. (14 orginally)
I like the idea of removing the fattest for the morning and bring back at night but there's a problem I work 2nd shift.

I usually take care of them around 930AM should I wake up extra early to pull out the fattest ones? I thought I read does only drop milk 1-2 times a day at dawn and dusk.

Since night chores aren't done till 1130pm will it be okay?

I can force myself up as early as 6am if I need to but I can't do night chores any sooner.

I'm feeding the last of my borage and then will give flax and fennel seeds for milk production. She had 8 kits yesterday and now today I counted 12 and only some are fed while the others are skinny.

Will my time frame work?
Thanks and Happy New Years!

I have does who feed 12 kits with no interference from me except to supplement their feed with
Dried nettle that I collect and save for just this purpose
as well as a TBSP of LACTATION SUPPORT HERBS
blessed thistle, fenugreek, coriander seed, anise seed, fennel seed, marshmallow root

If you don't want to bother buying mixing the herbs
here's where I got the herbs to use :)
mothers milk.jpg
you can order on Amazon if needed

caroline":218xnbi1 said:
I have does who feed 12 kits with no interference from me except to supplement their feed with
Dried nettle that I collect and save for just this purpose
as well as a TBSP of LACTATION SUPPORT HERBS
blessed thistle, fenugreek, coriander seed, anise seed, fennel seed, marshmallow root

If you don't want to bother buying mixing the herbs
here's where I got the herbs to use :)

you can order on Amazon if needed
Okay great I think I will just leave them together then and supplement the ones that are skinny. I gave some of that but don't have the other things so thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back