YIKES he tried to spray me!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
Earlier I posted about Cujo and his mad boxing skills bruising my hubs. Well I went out to check them a few min ago cause the neighborhood dogs were barking more than normal. I checked all their food dishes. They were all empty again. Will they stop eating when they are full? As I was checking the girls he was kinda chittering (I have no idea what this is actually called) as I came closer to him he sniffed me and then tried to spray me!
I understand he was trying to claim me. Does that mean tomorrow he will be nicer to me or was he just trying to claim me b/c I am trying to bribe him?

lissapell":1z62pn12 said:
Earlier I posted about Cujo and his mad boxing skills bruising my hubs. Well I went out to check them a few min ago cause the neighborhood dogs were barking more than normal. I checked all their food dishes. They were all empty again. Will they stop eating when they are full? As I was checking the girls he was kinda chittering (I have no idea what this is actually called) as I came closer to him he sniffed me and then tried to spray me!
I understand he was trying to claim me. Does that mean tomorrow he will be nicer to me or was he just trying to claim me b/c I am trying to bribe him?

Thanks for the warning! If I hear chittering, I am slamming the door fast! :lol:

lissapell":vti0onar said:
I checked all their food dishes. They were all empty again. Will they stop eating when they are full?

For the age your rabbits are, if they were mine, they would not be free fed. They don't need food infrint of them 24/7. Rabbits won't breed if they're too heavy, bucks or does. Most people feed rabbits that size an ounce per pound. Many feed less than that. Hay, though, is a slightly different matter for me, I like my rabbits to have hay, in loose or cube form, as often as possible. Both to give them something to do and to keep their guts moving. Opinions on this differ as in all things.

I am not free feeding them but surprised that they act like they r starving. I don't want out of shape non producers.<br /><br />__________ Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:01 am __________<br /><br />I am not free feeding them but surprised that they act like they r starving. I don't want out of shape non producers.

Mine clean up what I give them in about an hour and they dive into their pellets when it's chow time. I give everyone free choice alfalfa cubes as well and they still try to convince me I'm starving them.

3mina":2vv7qkd9 said:
Mine clean up what I give them in about an hour and they dive into their pellets when it's chow time. I give everyone free choice alfalfa cubes as well and they still try to convince me I'm starving them.

Yup, mine too! They are such glubber-guts! :lol:

Yeah, mine act like their big guts are eating their little guts even mid afternoon :p

Back