Worms

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aileen

Reaction score
Today when I was cleaning rabbit poop trays, I found one tray full of small whitish yellowish worms.
I assume deworming is needed. Can I buy it at the store? How do I figure the dosage for the six-week-old kits?

This time of year, when flies are so prevalent, they are much more likely to be maggots than intestinal worms. You could get some raw pumpkin seeds for your rabbits as a natural wormer. Since they are also a very nutritious food, you can give them as a precaution without the hazards associated with chemical wormers.

You could do a Google Image search for the various intestinal worms and for fly maggots and see what matches.

worms that you usually would see on a rabbit would be thin white lines in the poop.

if what you saw are "small whitish yellowish worms" chances are they were maggots. Daily cleaning of trays will prevent seeing that. :)

Given the prevalence of flies this year, could be maggots indeed. I'll get pumpkin seeds and clean frequently to see if that does the trick. Thanks all!

Add the pumpkin seeds to their diet gradually... just a few at first and work it up to about two teaspoons. They are very nutritious, but also high in fat and protein... too many could make the bunnies fat.

Latest posts

Back