Woody's Wabbits Trustworthy?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss M

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to order some things from Woody's Wabbits. When I got to the shipping options page ("Delivery information"), it said this:

Shipping Method:
This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.
Store Pickup $0.00
We will put your order together so we can calculate shipping at the lowest rate, and then email you for your ok or cancel

:shock: So I'm supposed to give them my credit card info (next page, I looked) without even knowing what my total with shipping is, and wait for an email to find out my total and say yes or no? I have never seen anything like this before. I know I saw this company mentioned favorably on here before, so I was hoping someone could tell me this works out okay.

Anybody have experience with this?

I don't know about this company but it's not uncommon to have to ask about the shipping through email or phone if you want to know before they charge you. Happens with both really small companies who don't have to software setup to calculate shipping or really big companies that rarely deal with orders by individuals and mostly sell to other companies that want to use their materials or sell them to individuals locally.

Yes, it says on the site to email or call him to request a shipping quote.
I absolutely adore woody's wabbits, although I don't adore Woody has much. Then again, he just kinda has the whole old man personality. (Which he IS a rather old man.)

Their products haven't failed me since I started with them. Six months into the cages, there's not a hint of rust on the pans nor wire.
Best prices for water bottles out of all of the companies around here. I DID receive a 'burned' water bottle in one of my packs... But I'm sure he would have replaced it, should I have mentioned it when I found it.

Service has be relatively great. We stopped in store when we were down in OR, and he took *apart* stackers because I wanted single cages.

Okay, thank you, ShadedNight! If you've actually been in his store and dealt directly with Woody himself, that's about as good as you can get. :)

akane":22v0go74 said:
I don't know about this company but it's not uncommon to have to ask about the shipping through email or phone if you want to know before they charge you. Happens with both really small companies who don't have to software setup to calculate shipping or really big companies that rarely deal with orders by individuals and mostly sell to other companies that want to use their materials or sell them to individuals locally.
I appreciate that, Akane. As much as I've bought online, I've never run into this situation, so it's good to know it isn't strange. :)

Miss M":136xy01c said:
I'm trying to order some things from Woody's Wabbits. When I got to the shipping options page ("Delivery information"), it said this:

Shipping Method:
This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.
Store Pickup $0.00
We will put your order together so we can calculate shipping at the lowest rate, and then email you for your ok or cancel

:shock: So I'm supposed to give them my credit card info (next page, I looked) without even knowing what my total with shipping is, and wait for an email to find out my total and say yes or no? I have never seen anything like this before. I know I saw this company mentioned favorably on here before, so I was hoping someone could tell me this works out okay.

Anybody have experience with this?

Yes, with Bass Equipment, Klubertanz, and Koenig's Kountry Supplies. Apparently, it is very common within the equipment business because the charges for shipping rates are always subject to change without notice, and they never know for sure what the charge for shipping will be until the carrier shows up.<br /><br />__________ Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:28 pm __________<br /><br />
Miss M":136xy01c said:
Leanne":136xy01c said:
Is there a number that you can call them?
Yes, there is, and I was thinking of doing that, but I'm hoping for a little reassurance about the company.

Each of the three companies I ordered from were very straight forward in doing what they said they would do and in the amount they charged me for shipping.

Another option you have is that of attending a show in your area. It's becoming more and more common for equipment dealers to set up displays and sell their merchandise at shows now. This past weekend at the Arkansas State Fair, I bought a 4-hole and 3-hole show carrier from an equipment dealer out of Kansas, and last month, Koenig's had a sales display at the show in Murfreesboro, TN.

I love Woody's! He's always very accomodating and they are honest. I like the water bottle prices and the fact that I can get the water valves with no bottle for $1 each.

billylilwigeon":2h2j4opj said:
Yes, with Bass Equipment, Klubertanz, and Koenig's Kountry Supplies. Apparently, it is very common within the equipment business because the charges for shipping rates are always subject to change without notice, and they never know for sure what the charge for shipping will be until the carrier shows up.
Okay... I didn't have it happen when I ordered my cages from Bass, though. Shipping was right there. But it's good to know for future reference that this practice is okay! :)

pfaubush":2h2j4opj said:
I love Woody's! He's always very accomodating and they are honest. I like the water bottle prices and the fact that I can get the water valves with no bottle for $1 each.
I wish I had ordered my cages from them. They use heavier gauge wire for the floors than Bass does, and the price is almost the same. Those water valves you speak of were more expensive at Bass... I paid something like $2-$2.50 for them. :x Oh, well. C'est la vie!

Miss M, my problem was likely that with most of my shipments there were show carrier cages involved, including my first order with Bass. That makes for a difficult variable involved due to the size, dimensions, and weight of the shipment items. I do know that with Klubertanz, they will almost always contact you after the fact to let you know the final bill after shipping charges are factored. They're honest about it, and I really don't mind doing so with them. I can only imagine that getting over on people would only get you so far among rabbit breeders. There are too many quality operations out there, and anyone who screws their customers will be out of business in rather short order.

And yes, IMHO, you get better pricing AND better quality items from some of the other retail suppliers than with Bass. Some items I can only find with them (aluminum water crocks being the main one I get from them).

Want an operation which will do you right AND give you a solid quality item? Go with Koenig Kountry Supplies out of IL. I have one of their carriers, and now I wish every one of them were. Fry Equipment out of Kansas makes some good stuff, too, but Koenig's puts some nice little extra touches to their carriers (name plates on each hole, spring latches, metal dividers, cushioned handles, etc.) which make their stuff more attractive and easier to work with. They've been VERY fair with shipping, too. Great people.

Back