Wintertime blues :(

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
or greens, as the case may be!
Again, I'm buying Romaine and parsley at the store for the rabbits. They go absolutely crazy for the fresh greens now. I feel bad that I don't have more for them :( BUT..I've started some sprouts. We'll see if I can get them to grow and not mold like the last time.

I did go out and grab a few Mulberry and apple branches. They are sitting in water now, hopefully a bit of moisture will green up the bark a bit and make rabbits happy. Next winter I'm GOING to have a greenhouse! Thinking I could put a mesculin mix of lettuces in it? they keep growing as long as you snip them off. Or maybe a big tray of barley grass or the timothy. Some plantain and dandelions should grow too, don't you think?

Just germinated grain has many of the same benefits as sprouts and doesn't have time to go mouldy.

http://www.parrotchronicles.com/feature ... edseed.htm

I must get busy and start some grain grass for the buns. I keep saying that. I may see if I can germinate some sunflower seeds too and just grow them to the seedling stage. Winter fare for the rabbits is a bit dull, but they still get much more variety than rabbits raised only on pellets.

and is much cheaper, you can malt barley rather quickly, and just keep a few clean pails of it, feed one a day.

well that just leaves you the rest of the cereal grain family to play with, or are you a fan of oatmeal stout like me?

Mmmm. Oatmeal stout....how do you make that? LOL<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:21 pm __________<br /><br />I bet that would do away with some wintertime blues for the buns, too!

Back