winter weather

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The "weather guessers" have been giving very exaggerated forecasts lately , so, I didn't expect too much snow this storm,[ they had forecast 8 to 12 inches in the valleys],
- We did have a winter storm after all, - kind of a surprise, - the weather forecasters had revised their guess, to about 5 to 8 inches of snow accumulation in the valleys, so I did not expect much snow at all -- it snowed heavily most of the day and into the night. It is still snowing heavily , [although the weather forecast tells me it is not] - we have well over a foot of snow in the yard this morning.[about 16 inches]
Yesterday about noon I drove the "kids" to work because I was concerned about the roads,and 4 wheel drive was needed to get up the drive to the highway - Tia [my daughter] has no experience driving on snow,or driving the "suburban" - it is a good thing i did, - the roads were terrible, incredibly slippery , the snow plows were not able to keep up with the removal process ,so about 4 inches of slush over the packed snow remained on the highway, we passed multiple slide-offs, and accidents. I drove the "suburban", it is 4wd, and large. - when I got back home I went out and chained up the tires on the "Toyota pickup" in preparation for the trip back to pick up the "kids" from work. [The Toyota has large aggressive tread tires ] although "the kids" got a ride home from work with a co-worker" - it was good I had chained up the truck, as two people came to the door looking for help after sliding off the highway and getting stuck... so, the "chained up truck" , was put to good use after all .
so much for my day
I wish you a blessed new year,
Michael

Yikes!

We got maybe 4" of snow yesterday, over the existing snow/ice pack, so that made for interesting driving on the way back from the in-laws. But we successfully made it in the little rear-wheel drive Corolla with only a few slides/fishtails.

I am glad to hear you were well prepared though!

And all we got was 1-1/2" of rain last night. (a little north and east of you a couple hundred miles) Thunder, lightening and WIND! Blowing like crazy right now.

Stay safe Michael.

Lovely Christmas weather here! :) Sunshine, blue skies and not much wind. A couple of degrees below freezing, but that's pretty mild for the time of year.

Big change tomorrow! Warm front coming through, bringing freezing rain followed by rain and plus 9 degrees c. -- well into the 40s F.

Stay safe on the highways and the byways, folks!

We had our hottest Christmas in 18 years at 36C. We are experiencing our first heat wave of the season.

Keep safe all.

it's 80 degrees F today here in houston ;P it's been a little hard to get in the spirit because we're too busy sweating every time we walk outside haha. i don't necessarily want a blizzard but i do kind of envy you guys who got christmas weather. last cold winter we had was in 2014.

Latest posts

Back