Will this FFA kiddo's market rabbit be DQ'd at fair?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillowTreeJen

Reaction score
I posted earlier this week about a poor bun that must've bit the wire and broken its tooth, and I was asking opinions on what to do for it.

It has turned out to be the sweetest meat rabbit I've seen, which is great for a kid whose never handled rabbits before and has special needs ❤️ HOWEVER, we usually don't want our freezer camp friends to be so lovey. Ha ha ha

Now I'm wondering if anyone has experience with an ARBA sanctioned fair - if we enter it, will it be DQ'd straight away at vet check, or can the kiddo at least use it for their showmanship? Especially if they point out the broken tooth and tell the judge that it is a DQ during their routine?

I've been helping kids through fair as a rabbit leader for 5 years and this one is a stumper for me! :x I have to make a decision by this Sunday what to do with the rabbit.

Thank you in advance for assistance! I want this kiddo to have a positive first fair experience. <br /><br /> __________ Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:44 am __________ <br /><br /> Snuggling with my daughter :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_8334.JPG
    IMG_8334.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 1,063
Broken teeth are a general ARBA DQ, cannot be shown.

You'll have to wait until the tooth grows back in to see if it comes in right. If it is crooked or otherwise abnormal they cannot be shown.

It depends on the fair. Each has different rules. Most, I think, will let a DQ like this be shown (but disqualified) and used for showmanship.

how did you turn out? my daughter's rabbit broke a tooth the night before showmanship at the fair, then the show was next day. since it was 4H I assumed they wouldn't dq for it, and she actually got blue ribbon for show!!!... now I don't know that to do about the tooth... new to this experience!!! the tooth broke but not all the way off it's like off to the side I'll try to post a pic sometime. I'm guessing if it doesn't come out I'll need to have it snipped off.

Following to see how you ended up, love this pic and congrats on such a good disposition!

this is our dutch bunny's tooth that broke... didn't break all the way off and you can tell she is in discomfort and I'm too chicken poo to trim it myself. so we will be taking her in to get it snipped :(

Attachments

• 20170905_202151_resized_1.jpg
    20170905_202151_resized_1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 968

Latest posts

Back