Wildlife Seed Mix?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had no idea such a thing existed until I saw someone getting some at our local feed and seed. I am contemplating tilling up a patch of the back yard and growing some this winter (well, attempting to grow some this winter, I should say). Everything is edible for the rabbits, correct?

https://www.southernstates.com/catalog/ ... -50lb.aspx

That is a different brand and contains fewer varieties than what I was looking at today... I have no idea the brand name for the other stuff though. I don't know if they will be getting more in so I might just go to Southern States and try theirs out (the guy before bought their last two bags).

Wheat, oats, rye and clover are all edible for rabbits but it might be cheaper to buy a pasture or hay mix with these varieties instead of this one aimed towards hunters

Any wildlife mix should be fine if you are using it for the mature plants. Sometimes they add things to seeding mixes, including occasionally your garden vegetables, that makes them unsafe for feeding the ingredients as is or as early sprouts. Not as commonly run into with rabbits since we don't usually feed them seeds except sunflower seeds intended for bird feed and bulk grains being sold for livestock feed.

Back