Why is our Dutch buck ( age 10 months ) spraying?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosehaven

Reaction score
Son has a Dutch buck that has just started to spray when his cage is to be cleaned. Great rabbit however we were surprised when he sprayed twice within 10 minutes upon his cage being cleaned. Any help? Son wants to show him as a 4-H rabbit.

Thanks

He's a teenager, he's announcing to the world he is a male and is ready for a girlfriend Whether or not he gets one is a whole 'nother question :D

He may eventually settle down on his own, but he would have to be neutered in order to give you the best chance at stopping the behavior. Unfortunately, you can't show him if he's neutered, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm pretty sure all bucks spray at some point or another unless they are neutered. I'm facing a tough situation...within a year I plan to have my buck Mousse replaced with his sons, and I like him so well I want to keep him as a pet...so he will come live with me inside the house. :) But I probably won't have him neutered so...I'm looking to get pee-guards. :)

Maybe urine guards would help? I mean he'll still spray but it will be a "contained" mess...

Latest posts

Back