Who to keep...who to sell.....sigh

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
It's awfully hard for me to offer my critters for sale :( I want to keep them all! Lily is a WONDERFUL white angora. Excellent wool and lots of it. Timmy has great wool, but he's a buck (don't need a buck). The FLB clone is a sweet gentle doe. The other black girl is Chocolate bunny in black. GREAT wool, larger size.

I"m sad that Trufflebee is leaving. But he has no real place in my plans, other than his wool..and he's lonley without playmates. Even the New Zealand pen is causing trouble! go figure! The one with the floppy ears STILL has floppy tips, which she can wiggle! That's just...STRANGE. She's become quite docile.

but...can't keep them all, eh? And I DO want popples. and soon :D

just rambling today. thinking about lots of things rabbit-ee. Like....how to finish out the NZ colony at the farm. Where to put the angora colony building. Whether to dig up a bunch of the plantain and put it in a raised bed. Do I build a garden bed JUST for the bunny plants, over near the rabbits, or just plant as normal in the regular garden and remember to transport over to the bunnies.

sigh...so much to think of....Do I wear my bunny ears tomorrow so Diane will recognize me in the parking lot? or just carry a bunny around.....so many decisions.....

:rotfl: DEFINITELY wear your bunny ears, Ann!

I think it's the time of year. Spring is just waiting to happen, but there's not much we can do yet outdoors.

It's hard to let bunnies go, but since you can't keep them all and still have more popples, be glad you are finding good homes for them.

Don't forget now... bunny ears tomorrow! :D

umm I vote for no bunny ears and sitting in a well defined car - my truck is good for that .. the bright blue truck with paw prints on it .. hard to miss :)

I agree with you - I was looking at the Jw yesterday thinking - heavens this is way more bunnies than I need ..
JW alone - does: daisy, joy, mrs m, tegan
bucks and bucklings: niobe, popple, piffle
that's 5 more than I need :)

A well-defined ride is great, Brody, but how many people have one as well-defined as yours? :lol:

("Yeah, uh, I'll be right there in the parking lot. Just look for the greyish-bluish car that looks just like all the other ones. That'll be me. See ya there!")

Brody - you can't possibly give up bunnies named Popple and Piffle, can you? That's just too cute! :D

Miss M - the hardest, no THE HARDEST part of what I do is letting them go to new homes ...
but if I kept everything that crossed my path I'd have hundreds of animals and be a nutso hoarder ...

I have had so many wonderful stories cross my path - being able to foster them til they go to new homes is really a wonderful thing ... we end up with plenty of keepers too - but most often lately they are either palliative or pretty messed up ...

imagine if I kept them all? One year I counted fostering over 100 cats alone (largely either orphan litters or nursing moms - so it was easy to have 2 adults and 10 kittens at a time ...I stopped counting but I have had 100 budgies (at once - luckily I knew somebody with empty office space so they were there til sorted); 200 guppies (abandoned in a move) and more :)

they are great names though aren't they?
how many bucks and older/non mothering does does one person need though?

Brody - I know... hey, there's a free rabbit with cage available right up the street on Craigslist. Looks like a healthy, fun, cute little bun, too. But I'm in an apartment, and I just don't have room. :(

Well! I put the bunny ears ON the car :) (I would have taken the truck, but it would have cost me all the profit from the rabbits to drive it there...so I stuck with the 50mpg non-descript car).

5 bunnies gone to a new home. and WHAT a good home it will be. Turns out she ALSO does some rescue work. Mainly with dogs (I think she said she has 9 dogs, atm). She's an old horse trainer (er..SHE'S not old, but she used to train/own..you know what I mean), now does a bunch of things...and loads of animals. She has a 2 year old kiddo who loved the bunnies :)

Foggy weather, and now raining but a good day. Kind of sorry to see the bunnies go...but like Brody said...you can't keep them all.

Anntann":3f641c8y said:
Well! I put the bunny ears ON the car :)

:lol: Well, I'm glad you found a way to make yourself distinguishable and save your dignity at the same time!

It's great everything went well, and that you can tell the bunnies are going to a really, truly good home! :)

Latest posts

Back