White rabbit eyes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TeaTimeBunnies":31fj95p7 said:
Ozarkansas":31fj95p7 said:
I have had 2 "fur pullers" , they make breeding rabbits a lot harder to say the least :lol:

I suppose I'm lucky that it only happens when he gets extremely frustrated then :lol: . He calms down after about an hour, but I wait for the next day so his patience with her can come back. He is just so determined to get her to lift by himself though. He will turn his nose up at any doe I position for him no matter how frustrated he gets with her. Picky picky boy :roll:

I don't have either of my "fur pullers" any more. But one of them was a Flemish Giant buck, who never pulled my doe's fur. And then I had someone bring their doe over to get bred, and he instantly started pulling her fur :groooan:
My other one was an American buck who got frustrated very easily, and like your buck refused to breed does I positioned for him :roll:

None of my bucks accept me positionning females. They'll just scratch at my hands or nibble at em until I let go of the doe... That or beg for cuddles. So my ritual is to sit in front of a cage until I see at least 6 fall offs. That can take up to an hour sometimes, but if nothing's happening I'll put the doe with a different buck until she lift's and then I'll take her out before that buck does his thing and put her back to her original buck. This makes the doe herself frustrated since she was rdy for it and she'll be easier for the first buck after that :cool:

Thanks kimitsukouseki. I would have never thought of that. So this litter has now thrown me a new curve ball.....so far they are all female. I checked them all, did a double take, and checked them all again. With 5 I'm almost certain that the sex change fairy will make a visit, because what are the odds of a full litter of 5 females. I've had lops for a month, and the first litter so far has definitely made things different than usual. I do love the boxy headed little things though

I know someone who had a litter of 8 all female before. And recently he had a litter of 4 all be female. I have never had that happen yet.

Really?!?? Having a full litter of one gender is just so crazy to me. Considering how pretty well balanced most litters are it's almost unthinkable to have all one gender. Rabbits never ceases to amaze do they? You think you have things figured out and they just HAVE to prove you wrong and do something unthinkable

__________ Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:37 am __________

I realized that I forgot to mention the white rabbit's eyes outcome. It has steely blue eyes after all. I don't necessarily know what that means genetics wise, but it sure is pretty. Also one of my broken black kits has the same steely blue eyes. I'm also not sure what that means. I can't get good pictures of their eyes but I am going to attach a picture of the broken kit that has the same eyes

Attachments

• IMG_20170917_115203.jpg
    IMG_20170917_115203.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 1,353
Really?!?? Having a full litter of one gender is just so crazy to me. Considering how pretty well balanced most litters are it's almost unthinkable to have all one gender. Rabbits never ceases to amaze do they? You think you have things figured out and they just HAVE to prove you wrong and do something unthinkable
Yes, that is how rabbits are :p
My litters are usually pretty balanced too, but the very first litter I had was 4 bucks 1 doe, the last Dutch litter we had was 5 does 1 buck, and the last Palomino litter was 4 does 1 buck. You just never know :shrug:

Completely off topic, but did you know armadillos always have litters of the same gender? :D

Yeah. I know that these things happen. It's just upsetting to me because she was planned to be traded for a mini rex doeling, and she was my second favorite in this batch because of her white tipped ears. I still have her other two sisters for the trade, so it's not like a total loss, just some disappointment from me and the breeder I was going to trade her to. Anyway, so now that I know for sure that the kit is a BEW, what does that mean genetics wise as far as what the parents carry?

BEW = both parents carry the vienna gene. That's about it. You have chances of getting more BEW from those parents if you pair em together again.

If I remember correctly you got your lop mixes from a neighbor who didn't know a whole lot about rabbits? I'm going to throw it out there that unless they said otherwise it is quite possible that these rabbits are litter mates. Just saying, because unless they are siblings or half siblings it seems unlikely they would both carry BEW.

Latest posts

Back