Which do y'all like?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaTimeBunnies

Reaction score
So I've drawn cartoon rabbits and other critters for a very long time. Then when I tried to draw some rabbitry logos I just couldn't draw a rabbit to save my life. Then suddenly I can again (the first bunny drawing). Now my rabbitry name is TeaTimeBunnies so obviously I want some rabbits having tea. I came up with two drawings that are VERY rough. So which one do y'all think I should work on more and develop for my rabbitry logo, table or stumps? (Sorry if any parts are too shiny to see lines. These are all drawn in pencil, and the pencil was really dull so lines are pretty messy)

Attachments

• _20170704_232237.JPG
    _20170704_232237.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,645
  • _20170704_232220.JPG
    _20170704_232220.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 1,645
  • _20170704_232156.JPG
    _20170704_232156.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 1,645
You want a streamer sillouette for a logo in my opinion. If you cant tell whats hapenning from just a black silhouette you've got the makings of a poor or overcomplicated design. The table version is the simplest/clearest of the two you showed, but needs improvement on the basic design still.
Here's a few ideas:
Do you really want 2 rabbits drinking tea? Cause if 1 would work for you I'd suggest a portrait shot of 1 bunny drinking tea on a 1/4 or side view.
If you rly want the tea kettle, how about framing your logo in a kettle shape? that way even if you want 2 bunnies you can fit em without the need of a pesky table. Also if you want a "chair" how about a decorative square pillow?

Ok so perhaps something like this? Looking at my drawings I do have a slight preference for this one. Now I need to try and figure out what to have the rabbit sit on while still keeping the rabbit look (Also a very rough drawing)

Attachments

• _20170705_112534.JPG
    _20170705_112534.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 1,623
yes in my opinion this is much better. You dont need to give it anything to sit on, but you could try the pillow like I suggested or maybe just a stool? Great silhouette on the rabbit btw!

Thanks!! I've done siloette drawings before. A stool might work. I'm not really a fan of letting my critters float on nothing in my drawings. It just looks odd to me for some reason. Great thing about pencil is is it removable :p

__________ Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:23 pm __________

I think the stool looks good <br /><br /> __________ Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:14 pm __________ <br /><br /> Here is one in ink now

Attachments

• _20170705_122107.JPG
    _20170705_122107.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,614
  • _20170705_131334.JPG
    _20170705_131334.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,612
Great work TeaTime!

If you would like other opinions I personally prefer the first teapot logo in post #3. (The one without the stool.) I don't necessarily mind a rabbit "floating in the air". My two cents is that, in a silhouette form, it takes a few seconds to mentally distinguish the rabbit from the stool. To me the two logos in post #5 take a bit too much to recognize what's going on.
I'm no artist so I don't know if there is a way to heighten the difference in the silhouette (obviously in non-silhouette you can just make the stool a different color, etc.) So all things being equal I think the first one definitely conveys "rabbit drinking tea"; what that rabbit is sitting on is unimportant. I think the stool element creates more a bit more confusion than it solves. And to be honest I don't know if I would have immediately recognized what was going on in the other pictures without the benefit of the ongoing discussion.
But that's just my opinion, ultimately it is yours that actually matters.
Keep up the good work!

You had a better silhouette for the bunny on the pencil drawing.
If you prefer the stool thats ok, but now that I've seen it, might I suggest just a line or a light grey circle shadow?

I think the tea pot on is the most like a logo. If I saw that I would immediately know who and what it was. Personally a floating rabbit dosnt bother me. But if you want it sitting on something could you try doing a simple chair instead of a stool?

Marie28":1croocdn said:
I think the tea pot on is the most like a logo. If I saw that I would immediately know who and what it was. Personally a floating rabbit dosnt bother me. But if you want it sitting on something could you try doing a simple chair instead of a stool?
a chair will confuse the silhouette more making the back and tail of the rabbit harder to notice next to the chair's back

Thank you all for advice. I had this idea too. It helps solve my floating bunny issue because it isn't totally floating any more, and it spreads out the words for easier reading. Thoughts? (Also just so you all know, any and all comments be it good or bad helps me to also notice things I otherwise wouldn't necessarily see/like. So please criticize away so that I can see flaws too.)

Attachments

• _20170705_163521.JPG
    _20170705_163521.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 1,596
For you
4se34i.png
<br /><br /> __________ Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:12 pm __________ <br /><br /> Did my best with the font, I dont have photoshop anymore and open canvas had limited options, hope you like it

Glad you like it, I got a bit worried you might be mad at me for doing that without asking if you wanted me to :/

Latest posts

Back