Where can I find Florida Whites in Ontario?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

Reaction score
Hello All, I am new to rabbit talk and am looking for a breeder of Florida Whites in Ontario. I would like to purchase a buck and doe. Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction!
Kelly

HI Kelly and welcome to RabbitTalk. :welcome:

I don't know of anyone in Ontario who is raising Florida Whites but you could try this site: http://ontariorabbit.ca/ It has classified ads under the Producer Information section.

You could also google Ontario meat rabbits and see what turns up.

Here on RabbitTalk, buying and selling is allowed only in the Buy, Sell and Trade forum, and you must have a post count of 20 to post there. This gives us a chance to get to know you -- and for you to get to know our members -- before transacting business. As you found out, buying from unknown sources can mean that someone sticks you with inferior or diseased stock.

I'm about to remove your other topic. It covers the same subject and we do not permit multiple postings on a topic. I know you just joined -- always happy to see another Ontario member -- so please don't feel you've stepped out of line in any way.

Hey Kelly
I'm in the "deep South" of Ontario, so I travel to Rabbit shows in Michigan quite a bit.... I would suggest visiting a show and talking to breeders, reading the standard (to education yourself) and watch/listen to a show to know what you really need to look for in a Florida White.
Rabbit shows can be found: www.arba.net
Arba also has a small list of breeders on it's site

I also encourage you to get involved in the FB pages for the breed and/or the breed club..... They can really help you get connected with breeders across north American... there are transporters that run all over picking up and delivering rabbits.... (I have a trio of Magpie Harlequin headed to Alberta via a US transporter) there are quite a few Transport Groups on FB too!!

I understand how hard it can be to get started... but don't rush, educate yourself, talk to other breeders and try and get to shows to "put your hands on the rabbits" to understand what you are buying.
(Ontario show Aug 4 in Komoka, On ... Near London, ON)

Welcome!

Latest posts

Back