She's back! (new tread title)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimitsuKouseki

Reaction score
So I dunno if you guys remember Mei, my little astrex girl that I was torn about wanting to keep or not until I finally decided to keep her...
http://kimitsukouseki.wixsite.com/bunbun-stories/mei

Today a lady came cause she wanted the astrex babies from the last batch. Considering how short I am on money atm cause f my dumb broken arm.... and how I have too many rabbits cause I got a few new ones, I decided to show Mei to her. I told her I spent 110$ going to the vet for her in the past and that I wanted to keep her so I wouldnt let her go for less then 60$. She took her along with 2 of the lastest ones, the orange male and the chestnut female. The male I asked for 40$ and the chestnut I asked for 20$ cause she had an absess from a nasty bite one of her roomates gave her. I treated her but she looked bad cause of it so I cut her price.
In total, it's 120$ in my pocket, but I'm a bit hearth broken I gotta admit. I think it was a good decision to let her go though, Astrex isnt the focus of my mirage lionhead project and she was getting bullied by the adult females she was sharing the cage of. Maybe I shouldve asked for more then 60$ but considering she's a freak accident caused by the iffy backgrounds of her parents I think it was already a lot. I mean she's officially the bunny I sold for the highest price so far and it's not like she has the greatest pedigree in the world :/ right?....

I so feel for you. I sold a sr chocolate doe rex last week that was one of the first rabbits I ever bought. I hated to do it but honestly I have three of her daughters that are actually probably just plain better than she is now. I also let go of a holland lop doe that I raise for awhile. I am no longer going to breed them so why keep one that is just taking up room that I need for the new rex coming in. Its hard when you only have twenty holes and need the room. IT does help us keep the best and let the others go to help them get a start in rabbits. Unfortunately its a hard part of the hobby. But it beats putting them in the freezer.

Mhm. Mei was still young though, my toughest ones are going to be Boulette and Eva. Eva I basically have a huge crush on event though she's mean and Boulette is just such a social bunny and I play with him all the time. Even though they are both gorgeous, they are both single manes though, so eventually they'll be replaced by their double mane offsprings but when the time comes seing how I feel just from selling Mei, it's gonna be soul crushing T.T

__________ Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 pm __________

I feel so bad for the lady. Her landlord complained about smells and is having allergic reactions to the rabbits so she has to get rid of her 3 rabbits.

Good news is I'll get Mei back, I was so sad to have sold her :( but it's sad for the other 2 since she'll have to drop em at the shelter. So much sad :( <br /><br /> __________ Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:18 pm __________ <br /><br /> OHMYGOSH you guys!!!
She's back and she's changed so much if her whiskers werent still curly and she didnt have the same white tiped front paw I'd think the lady gave me back a different bunny!
I'll take a better picture tomorrow but omg x.x

20170914_221251.jpg

Silver Willow":3rwarz6u said:
She's cute :) I love Lionheads. Is she going to be a pet or a breeder?
Corection, she's not just a lionhead, she's adouble mane Astrex lionhead.

Here's what she looked like when I sold her:
mei.jpg

As you can see she's changed a lot, lost her curls and her fur grew longer thanks to it, but her whiskers are still curly.

I'm not too sure what I'll do with her yet, was planning to put her with the female group for now but seing how clean she is around the house thanks to being a pet, I might have to change plans, would be a waste. Nikita is jealous though, since Mei is allowed to run around but she's not XD but Nikita isnt clean in the room so she can't be trusted.
She'll probly be part of my Tan rabbit's girlfriend line up once he's grown up. It's the only line where I accept black based progenitors. <br /><br /> __________ Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:40 pm __________ <br /><br /> Here's some better pics!
0da397_bab27e93682249bea2eb6ff900256958-mv2.jpg

0da397_fcd499efab524192b22b1458b8708c0c-mv2.jpg

I'm glad too, she has the sweetest of characters too. She gives kisses to everyone and everybunny too. I missed her a lot.

Now more then ever you make me wish I lived near you! Even though the lineage of you lion heads is kind of muddled the have such health gorgeous babies!

Maleficent":1f8g78vv said:
Now more then ever you make me wish I lived near you! Even though the lineage of you lion heads is kind of muddled the have such health gorgeous babies!
thank you that's very nice to ear ^^
While they are muddled right now I'll be improving my stock over the generations. Panda was born here and I'm keeping her for obvious reasons too. Also when I mix with my english angoras and start getting fluffy ears then I'll be able to call them proper mirage lionhead ^^

KimitsuKouseki":2l5fna9k said:
Maleficent":2l5fna9k said:
thank you that's very nice to ear ^^
While they are muddled right now I'll be improving my stock over the generations. Panda was born here and I'm keeping her for obvious reasons too. Also when I mix with my english angoras and start getting fluffy ears then I'll be able to call them proper mirage lionhead ^^

Hey being muddled is never a bad thing! Just sometimes you can't completely control what types of recessives might pop up XD

Like right now in order to breed for a BEW lionhead I have to outcross to a vienna marked holland just to get the vienna in my gene pool to start for it ^^

hehe, some people (ahem... I mean facebook) give me grief about it. But I'm glad I chose these random bunnies. I have a lot of recessive color genes, a lot of pattern variations and for mirage lionheads that perfect! It's the point of the variant I wanna make. Crazy patterns gallore. Also I have a BEW with fluffy ears (english angora lionhead cross ^^) and several vienna marked or vienna cariers. I actually prefer not breeding them together too often though. I love blue eyes but a whole litter of white bunnies is not what mirage is about XD once in a while is fine though.

I did a lop cross to get the tricolor pattern though so I feel ya! I got lucky, Boulette's ears never dropped, while his sister's did and on top of that she had no mane so she looked like a normal lop

Latest posts

Back