When to rebreed doe?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4hgirl

Reaction score
My holland lop doe lost her litter of two a couple of weeks ago.... when can I rebreed her? also is there a best time to breed your does?

Thanks,Melissa

I would breed her now. You can re-breed shortly after they lose the litter if they are receptive, unless they have extensive vaginal tearing from delivering a huge kit. I think the norm is 2 days, but I believe MaggieJ has mentioned that in a colony the buck will sometimes breed them immediately after they kindle.

alright thank you! also my buck is pretty old about 6 years old now.....is it bad to be breeding him? He still acts like he's a young buck (healthy and energetic) and he was the father of the lost litter...

His sperm production is probably lower than it was, but as they say, it only takes one! :lol: You can give him parsley and... um... BOSS? :? Brain fade! MaggieJ suggest feeds that have high A and E vitamins to increase virility in both does and bucks.

Back