What Should I Do?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZachsRabbits

Reaction score
Hello,
Most people on here know I raise Dutch and they are not going anywhere but I have a broken blue polish doe who I intended to get a REW buck for. But my mentor has told one breeder who breeds them in NY is having problems right now and the other breeder in NY is almost in Canada. I Really want a REW buck for that doe but I see way more REW ND's in shows here. The majority of the Self Group is REW'S here. What should I do give up my polish and breed the ND's which the color that has been calling me is abundant.

ZachsRabbits":2rzfe0ju said:
Hello,
Most people on here know I raise Dutch and they are not going anywhere but I have a broken blue polish doe who I intended to get a REW buck for. But my mentor has told one breeder who breeds them in NY is having problems right now and the other breeder in NY is almost in Canada. I Really want a REW buck for that doe but I see way more REW ND's in shows here. The majority of the Self Group is REW'S here. What should I do give up my polish and breed the ND's which the color that has been calling me is abundant.

Arrange transport? it's almost Convention time (well it is to me) and people will go there from all over the country. It's prime time to arrange for rabbits to be brought from far away places, and sent there.

That is totally up to you. From my experience, Polish are much less common. In Netherland Dwarfs (my first breed back in 2004), it can be difficult to establish yourself and especially in REW or Otter. NDs come in a wider range of colors than Polish. An excellent point was made about convention - many people are traveling and offer transportation for rabbits for a fee (usually $15-$30 per rabbit). Pre-purchasing a Polish buck and arranging transport would be a good option to bring new bloodlines to your area. :)

I don't think you should give up on your polish doe, sometimes you just have to be patient :) You could also look into county fair's around you! A lot of good looking rabbits go up for barn sell! :D

Back