what kind of Bunny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swiftmover07

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and new to bunnies. A little back story on this baby. I walked into a pet store with my mother to help her in buying a new harness for her dog. While there I came across this little guy and he was in a pin by himself he was a bit skinny but very social. I asked the pet store workers about him/her, but no one could tell me his/her age, what kind of bunny, how big it will get, or the sex of the little bunny. So naturally, I felt bad for the baby and bought him/her and all the provisions to go with em and am now a bunny mom. Not exactly what I had planned when I walked in, but that doesn't mean this little bunny won't get everything it deserves. With that being said if anyone could provide any information on this little bunny like what kind of bunny, how big it will get and approximate age that would be nice.

P.S. I do plan on taking it to the vet to find out all this information for sure. i would just like to know before hand lol

Attachments

• bunny.jpg
    bunny.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 791
It looks like a baby dutch rabbit, less than 6 months old (I'd guess closer to 3 or 4). It's impossible to be certain, without a pedigree, but it looks like a dutch (those markings can also be caused by things like having blue eyed whites in the ancestry, so we can't determine breed based on markings either). Dutch stay small, are generally very friendly and healthy. Max weight on a dutch is 5 1/2 lbs for showing btw, most dutch from my experience are around there. Most of mine went a bit over, closer to 6 lbs as they aged, but I also let them get a bit fat :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:01 pm __________ <br /><br /> If you can flip it over (or have somebody else do it), and grab the tail between your index and middle finger, then press down above their genitals with your thumb (there should be a little section by the tail that stands out from the rest of the belly, maybe has a gap between its fur and the belly fur, you want to push on that), and take a picture and we might be able to tell you the gender. Like in this picture: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 4dd649.jpg (btw that one in that picture is a boy)

Can we place bets on the gender? I would guess male if I had to

Latest posts

Back