what is wrong

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
my baby girl was due on the 30th.... she is not pulling fur or anything but she is just sitting in a nest box. she usually is out hopping around when i bring in food and water but she wont eat or drink!

Some does do that right before kindling. Are you sure she hasn't already kindled? How long has she gone without eating or drinking?

i double checked ALL of my nest boxes ran my hands in them and everything. There is no fur nothing and when i went in today she was out hopping but went into the nest box when i cam ein but still no babies when i checked her box. It looked like she had eaten some or at least was by the food and water. I just dont know i thought for sure i had felt a baby but maybe not. I am going to wait another few days since this is only day 31 but i am starting to wonder if maybe the buck i bred her to is sterile. so far no does have bred from a mating with him.

Don't give up until at least Day 36 or 37. At that point, I would try breeding her to a different buck. If she "takes" that time and kindles a litter, then it may be possible that your buck is sterile.

Does he have all his "equipment"? How old is he?

And you won't necessarily feel babies, even when your doe is ready to kindle.

Is all his equipment intact?
Could he have a Split-P?
Has it been extremely hot for more than three days?
If everything is as it should be and He cannot produce
you will have to find a replacement and
send him off to foreign shores. [Stew pot] :twisted:
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

i am not sure what to look for on a split p but everything looked normal when i checked him. am he has his testicals i checked that to make sure. so i think it is time to replac him!

Back