What is this?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadedNightRabbitry

Reaction score
It popped up in a litter out of my buck that a friend had bought (I now have him back and want to know what to expect when breeding him.) One eye on one rabbit of four.

Soooo, which eye problem is it?

163596_1778096333240_1264345694_32024868_6528878_n.jpg

Cataract chances are it's genetic and he's probably blind in that eye. I dealt with it last winter out of a pet only doe someone decided to breed. The kit acted fine for a while but eventually it got to the point where he would be startled if his good eye didn't see you coming and he would attack.

My old doe, Patches, developed something like that in one eye. I assumed it was a cataract at the time... but a few months later it disappeared and I could tell she had vision in that eye. I think now she had some kind of eye infection that she fought off, but I admit I do not know for sure.

I'm still going to play around with the sire. I've NEVER had something like this pop up, and I have no idea if it came from my buck or not, especially since I don't know the doe or her lines.

Latest posts

Back