What is this color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeroBlanco

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a litter of five nice bunnies and I don't know the color of one of these. Father is black chinchilla, mother is black VM. Colors of the other kits are black, white (probably BEW) and magpie. So, this kit is agouti, I thought it was chestnut but it was not born black as the other siblings. It is a little brownish, more than in the photos.
agouti 1.jpg
agouti 2.jpg
agouti 3.jpg
agouti 4.jpg
Another photo in comparison with a black
agouti with black.jpg

i don't know about the genetics at work, but just from looking it could be a chocolate chinchilla. i've had a couple and they look similar.

6nctxJn.jpg

on the right side of the photo you can see a chocolate kit next to a black kit. these are newborn.

MFdo5oI.jpg

satin choc chin kit a little bit older than yours are.

So cute! I'd love to have a chocolate based rabbit, it could be possible since I don't know if parents carry chocolate. I will post more photos in the next days. :)

shazza":380smqv1 said:
6nctxJn.jpg

on the right side of the photo you can see a chocolate kit next to a black kit. these are newborn.
Oooh, do you have Vienna marks or booted kits, shazza? :in_love:
My booted brokens always seem to have that little forehead blaze, I think it's the cutest thing (even if it's not showable!). :oops:

that litter actually let me know that the dam carries VM, since she was bred back to her son and half the kits had jackal marks, and a couple had white feet. i've been trying to put VM into my meat mutts for a while and i'm super excited to see i've had it all along, haha. i'll be repeating that litter soon and keeping back a nice VM daughter since the dam is getting older :)

New photos! Sable Agouti seems likely. I think it is too brownish to be a black chinchilla, but maybe not enough brown to be a chocolate chinchilla.

Attachments

• agouti other 3.jpg
    agouti other 3.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 1,095
  • agouti other 2.jpg
    agouti other 2.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 1,095
  • agouti other.jpg
    agouti other.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 1,095
Back