Register

What is causing this? *graphic picture* UPDATED!

Addressing the special needs of the breeding doe and her kits. Includes nutrition, gestation, nest boxes and materials, and tips to ensure survival of the young.
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 1,636.00

Re: What is causing this? *graphic picture* UPDATED!

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:36 am

MaggieJ wrote:What cute, chubby fluff-buns! They look very content. :roll:

They have everything they want all the time! They are so chubby! :lol:

-- Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:36 am --

Beverly's babies did great and are already hitting the show table with awesome comments! Beverly was very sad when I weaned her litter, so I bred her again. Hoping and praying nothing goes wrong! I think I'm going to cull Whitney though. She is the furthest from the Standard out of all my Beverens and I think she is carrying mummified kits from one of her previous pregnancies.
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms
Raising quality purebred Americans, Beverens, Dutch, and Palominos for meat, show, and pet.
htpp://www.ozarkansasrabbits.com

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 31,815.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby Zass » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:19 pm

I might be late to suggest anything here, but there is nothing dietary that can cause those kinds of deformities. I had a hard time even understanding that was a kit and placenta I was looking at. O.o

You mentioned they were sensitive though, so I can't help but wonder if the miscarriages might be partially due to something environmental upsetting them?

The following user would like to thank Zass for this post
Ozarkansas

United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 1,636.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:53 am

Zass wrote:I might be late to suggest anything here, but there is nothing dietary that can cause those kinds of deformities. I had a hard time even understanding that was a kit and placenta I was looking at. O.o

You mentioned they were sensitive though, so I can't help but wonder if the miscarriages might be partially due to something environmental upsetting them?

That is a possibility. It's not like the environment is stressful though. Possibly for Whitney. But Beverly doesn't really stress I don't think. I more of see her happy / sad emotions and she was very sad after she miscarried (kit in the OP). She has since had the successful litter of 3 (one was lost to cold) and should be pregnant again. So I'm really not sure
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms
Raising quality purebred Americans, Beverens, Dutch, and Palominos for meat, show, and pet.
htpp://www.ozarkansasrabbits.com

Previous