What do you think of this idea?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
I went to a new-to-me, family-owned feed store today (that has been around since the late 1800s). They had some NZW and Cals for sale (looked to be about 8-10 weeks old). They were asking $20 each. The rabbits seemed to be healthy and clean.

The owner (4th generation, and she's a grandmother herself at least) told me that they would consider taking more rabbits once these are sold (probably would have to be fall, since I don't even have does bred, and it's starting to get hot here). I didn't ask how much they pay, so that would be a consideration. I'm thinking that if the financials work out, this might be a good way to help pay the feed bill for all my rabbits.

What do you think?

They may give you more in store credit as opposed to cash- I would ask about that option.

build a relationship with them, and if you can trust them to care for the rabbits while they are at the store, then it's a good option.

hey, a good working relationship can also help in other areas-- and maybe they would consider 'consignment' sales,a s well. If a rabbit does not sell before a certain age, you swap it out--

Back