What do you do when you realize .....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am trying really hard to be a responsible bunny breeder/owner..... but I have 3 girls that are raring to be bread!

I realized I can't breed them... I have no more space to grow out the kits!!!!
(There are currently 28 popples at 3weeks old.... I have just enough space to grow these out....so I see empty grow out cages... )

How do you reign in the compulsive need to find out what happens when you "breed this doe to that buck!"???

Any assistance would be appreciated!!!

SarniaTricia":1nwsz4uh said:
I am trying really hard to be a responsible bunny breeder/owner..... but I have 3 girls that are raring to be bread!

I realized I can't breed them... I have no more space to grow out the kits!!!!
(There are currently 28 popples at 3weeks old.... I have just enough space to grow these out....so I see empty grow out cages... )

How do you reign in the compulsive need to find out what happens when you "breed this doe to that buck!"???

Any assistance would be appreciated!!!

I think if I am reading this correctly, your real question is where can I get more cages!!! LOL

Good luck on getting over that compulsive need.

:yeahthat:

Oh, Tricia, I'm so very sorry. You seem to have contracted a bad case of Rabbitosis. :lol:

But never fear . . . help (sort of) is on the way. I refer you to our Twelve Step program specially designed for members in your sorry plight! :twisted:

new-12-step-program-t8050.html

Good luck overcoming your addiction! :good-luck: Remissions are known; cures are very rare.

I'd say this is what they call "rabbit math" setting in. :lol:
Good luck getting some more cages before the new popples show up! :mrgreen:

:popcorn:

TheChad":yhw14st5 said:
I think if I am reading this correctly, your real question is where can I get more cages!!! LOL
That's what I read too! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

SarniaTricia - :clover: <br /><br /> __________ Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:38 pm __________ <br /><br /> I just Googled your user name. WOW! You've got it bad don't you? I mean, you've gone from counting :chicken: :chicken2: :chicken: :chicken2: on the screened in porch on the garage to counting unborn :lilbunny: :pinkbunny: :lilbunny: :pinkbunny: :lilbunny: :pinkbunny: :lilbunny: :pinkbunny: .
lmao-gif-gif.58176

My thought process (how I end up in trouble):

The kits are three weeks old. If I breed now, they'll be almost eight weeks when the new ones are born. I can sell/process, etc the older kits and have room for all the new ones...win!

Of course, then something happens, like life, and all of a sudden I have an urgent need for more cages.

I get your dilemma.

Homer":11lbmpq0 said:
Marinea - I think she should just buy more wire! :twisted:

I am sensing an enabler here..... Homer.... you wouldn't be suggesting I get more cages would you?
That way I could breed those 3 young does and get more kits?
Perhaps suggesting that I would somehow find the room, time and money for just 3 more litters of kits?

It's not like I would be bursting at the seems with the 28 kits that I currently have with mamas to grow out..... that would just be 16-20 more...OMG!!! No more... this baby situation is getting out of control!!!

Damn but the urge is there to toss them in with their chosen boyfriend and "I'll just figure it out after"... :dig-hole:

SarniaTricia":2lljf8og said:
I am sensing an enabler here..... Homer
giphy.gif

Actually, my friend PSF Angoras has called me that for a couple years. Every time we meet at a show she ends up taking more rabbits home. :pokeeye: She blames it on me to her "better half" and we all get a good laugh about it. Well...2 out of 3 of us do anyway. :roll:

.... you wouldn't be suggesting I get more cages would you?
Na. I would never suggest buying more cages...Build'm. :lol: Much cheaper that way. :)

Marinea":10naazij said:
My thought process (how I end up in trouble):

The kits are three weeks old. If I breed now, they'll be almost eight weeks when the new ones are born. I can sell/process, etc the older kits and have room for all the new ones...win!

Of course, then something happens, like life, and all of a sudden I have an urgent need for more cages.

I get your dilemma.

My current guinea pig problem :lol: Except I don't really plan when they breed. I just leave them together so I am always having to sell or butcher the last round because another is coming whether you want it or not. Unless you planned ahead and separated them before they gave birth. I've always got a cage of "omg I produced too many guinea pigs so I should put all these sows alone until I figure things out" but they are still going to have another litter first. :lol:

I have a love, hate relations ship with breeding. I do like watching them grow and at 2.5 weeks old they are at cuties factor. The hate part comes at culling time. I still have 5 rabbits from first breeding that still have not been culled out. And I have 10 new babies at three weeks old today from two different moms. :) :(

Back