What do you charge???? RabbitTalk sellers guide!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollysrabbits

Reaction score
I am not sure if this has already been done on this site but I would like to compare prices from all over so if you would like to participate in the thread please feel free to list. thought it would be fun, interesting and a useful tool.

start with state or country: California

Breed: Price (NP=not pedigreed OR P=pedigreed)
Rex $20 NP
Californian: $25 NP
Flemish: $80 NP
American $50-60 P
Dwarf Hotot $60 P

What are the majority of your Sales in order from greatest to smallest
Pets,Breed Stock,Meat,Show.

Price per 50# of feed- $17.95

Anywho I just thought it would be good to know and an interesting read. :popcorn:

Ontario, Canada

Lionheads - pedigree or partial pedigree.

Pets, possibly breeding.

17.17$ per 50lbs of kibbles.

Kentucky

NZW NP- Prices fluctuate wildly so can be from $10 - $25 depending on time of year.

Californian NP- Same

Meat, pet

$13.99/ 50lbs

NS, Canada

Holland Lops - $30-$60. Depends on how quickly I want to sell it and the overall quality. I normally sell them as pets but most are brood/show quality. Pedigreed.

Feed is $20 per 50 pound bag.

start with state or country: SW Ontario located near two large cities.

Breed: Price (NP=not pedigreed OR P=pedigreed)

NOTE: I just have a price for each, prices can vary by the breed, age, type or quality of rabbit. I tuck on an Extra $10 if the rabbit is one that I want to keep. Thus the $50 range. Most fancy stock bucks sell for $25-30, most does sell $30-40. All rabbits come with a non-pedigreed unless people want a pedigree AT TIME OF SALE. Pedigrees have no charge to them at that time. If you want a pedigree after the fact I'll charge you $10 for my time.

Mixed breeds - $15-20
Rescues - $20
Harlequins (p or np) - $15-20
Polish (p or np) - $20-50
Holland Lops (p or np) - $30-50

What are the majority of your Sales in order from greatest to smallest
Pets,Breed Stock,Meat,Show.

Price per 50# of feed- $15.50

Ohio

My price scheme is a little complicated
Holland Lops and Jersey Woolys (the only breeds I sell as pets).

Pet $25-35
Show quality 4mos and up $40-65
Proven doe/buck (only show quality rabbits are bred)$40-$75
Rabbits with legs $60 and up

Silver Fox and Rex
Show quality 3mos and up $40-50
Proven doe/buck (only show quality rabbits are bred)$50-$75
Rabbits with legs $40 and up

Undecided for the Angoras, but I know what I paid for mine is way less than they are worth.

Most sells are Holland pets, and Rex snake food
Price of 50# feed $17.97

We haven't sold any yet. But we paid $20 for our Cali meat mutts.

50# bag of feed $15

West Virginia

All pedigreed 3 generations, breed doesn't matter as I've paid and what I ask is about the same each breed I have (doesn't include any gas just the basic cost of the rabbit), Holland Lop, Lionhead, Mini Rex:
Show: $75.00+
Breeding: $55.00+
Pet only (no pedigree ever goes with pet): $25-$40

Meat sales at show cull buyer are $1.00 or $1.25 live weight per lb IF rabbits are between weight limits for cull buyer. Most time its 3lbs-6lbs, under or over gets less or none if really small but they'll still take them for you if you want to send them.

I buy Manna Pro Gro 18% in 50lb bags for 18.99 plus tax. I have to drive almost 1.5hrs to get it though too.

Changes as of 06/01/2014

I've had a few offer for sale at the $30.00 mark in Mini Rex, brood/pet quality prospects, with no sale so the market has slowed considerably versus early spring and they'll probably end up as other purposed. Feed has risen again, now paying $20.99 for a bag of a different off brand as could no longer get fresh MPG and still have to drive over an hour to get it at that price. I am looking into alternatives again as well as cutting back the number of rabbits I have since I am not getting no where near enough kids from Holland Lops even for other purposes to make paying that for feed reasonable.

Kern County, California.

P Show quality pedigreed Rex rabbits for $50.

NP Meat rabbits (breeders or eaters) live weight $2.50 per lb up to 5 lbs, $3.50 per lb for over 5 lbs.

Feed Oats, barley, BOSS $15.60 per 50 lbs. Hay free fed, $15.50 per bale.

Ohio

P Holland Lops and Netherland Dwarfs -$30

Pet, 4-H, breeding

$16.10 for 50# feed

Northern California

Mix breed or meat $15.
Purebred no pedigree $25.
Cream D'Argents
Satin
Californian
NEW Zealand white.

I was paying $17. for 50#.
This month found 50# for $15.
Will be paying $13-$14. next month buying direct from company.

Mix' s are going for pet other mostly breeders.

I am sure you all are busy but I was really hoping more of you guys would participate, 80 views and only 10 replies :cry: Maybe we can get a few more but I love the info I am getting so far. I thinks its interesting seeing how cost and prices vary by region and country.

Silver Fox; Black $50. Blue, $70. Lilac & chocolate $80. Pedigreed.
Californian, $25. Pedigreed. Breeding age, $35.
Mutts, $15.
Don't have any NZ as things fell through and I want big, fast growing stock, not whimpy animals like before.
I give out parent names that I have for non-pedigreed if they want them to do some kind of paper trail, free of charge.

Virginia

Silver Fox P - bucks $50, does $65
NZ NP - bucks $20, does $30/35

Cheap low protein feed is $14/50#. We get the good stuff which is about $18/50#

Alberta

Peds, no peds

Rex $40- 45
Florida White $40

Mostly meat
Feed is 18% $15 .75/50lbs, $14.67 if I buy 5 at a time
This is what I've paid for my stock, I've sold exactly 3 does $40 each.

I haven't sold any of mine yet, but I've been paying $35 for a doe and $25 for a buck to get my breeding stock. I will probably stick to those prices if I decide to sell some. Purebred Californian, (he shows them,) but I don't get the pedigree.

Pellets are $16 (plus tax) for a 50 lb bag.

-Wendy

No sales at this time, as mine are for dog food.

I paid $25 for NZ doe, $20 for Rex Doe, $20 for Rex buck.
My Satins are culls bought for meat, but breeding them to make more meat for us only. $6 each

The Fuzzies (LionHeads) are for pet and show. $75 for 2 does and a buck.

Feed is $18/50 lb
Hay is $6/bale for 60 lb bales of grass mix.
I also feed fodder.

Kings Co. Ca.
N.P. Calis $25 and up
P. NZR breeders $35.00 for Buck $50.00 for doe this is what I paid
N.P. Meat Mutts. 5Lb snake food $15.00 processed $5.00 lb @ farmers market $10 to $15 as pets

Feed $15.75 50 lbs 14%

isdapous":2rqst5d5 said:
No sales at this time, as mine are for dog food.

I paid $25 for NZ doe, $20 for Rex Doe, $20 for Rex buck.
My Satins are culls bought for meat, but breeding them to make more meat for us only. $6 each

The Fuzzies (LionHeads) are for pet and show. $75 for 2 does and a buck.

Feed is $18/50 lb
Hay is $6/bale for 60 lb bales of grass mix.
I also feed fodder.

I wish we were closer. I have paid no less than $40 for good quality Rex, and the last doe cost me $85. I sure wish I could get $85 for a Rex.

Latest posts

Back