what color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopnstance

Reaction score
What is the color of the rabbit pictured on the signature of the member Disney? http://rabbittalk.com/member/Disney/

Lnyx, Lutino, they both start with L lol! No, really your amount of knowledge on genetics and colors amazes me SableSteel! What specifically have you done to learn and memorize all of that?

SableSteel":3qd9ynv0 said:
It's some shade of Lutino. Either shadow Lutino or dove lutino. Extremely rare in the US
Interesting Thank you. Had me stumped. Would love to get that into my Holland Lops. Thanks, now I can try and start researching on it.

Randy shumaker imported some (netherland dwarf-ish type) a few years ago (2015 I think). I know a few people who have bought stock from him, and have started crossing it to other breeds, but as of right now all the lutinos in the US come from his stock. It's a simple recessive gene- Shadow lutino is chestnut + lutino gene, dove lutino is black+ lutino gene. The one that they are working on in netherland dwarfs is yellow lutino, often just called lutino, which is orange +lutino.

Back