What color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleFluffyBunnies

Reaction score
Hello!
I bred my blue seal doe to my REW buck. The buck is known to be carrying or to be dilute.
I expected smoke pearls and possibly sables.
I got one smoke pearl(pictured in the nest). The other two I would presume to be sables but I haven't seen a sable kit before so I'm double checking. It looks quite light.
The very dark kits peeking at the edge of the nest are fosters.
The lighting makes it look even lighter, but the kit is a decidedly brownish color with grey on the ears and undersides. It kind of reminds me of a very light tort(which I know isn't possible). It also has less silvering then the others.

Attachments

• IMG_1297.JPG
    IMG_1297.JPG
    339.1 KB · Views: 1,138
  • IMG_1298.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 1,138
  • IMG_1299.JPG
    IMG_1299.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 1,138
  • IMG_1301.JPG
    IMG_1301.JPG
    244.3 KB · Views: 1,138
So the kits are 2 weeks old now and I've posted another pic just to double check. The kit looks more black based than blue based to me. Is it then a sable point or just a light sable?

Attachments

• IMG_1457.JPG
    IMG_1457.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,105
He looks pretty much the same as all the black based Sables we've had (and we've had more then our fair share -.- ). I think they do tend to look like Torts when they're tiny, but their colour changes heaps within just two weeks! So cute <3

Back