What color is my new rabbit?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleFluffyBunnies

Reaction score
I'm so excited! I just got a new Dwarf buck for my breeding program. He's super cute, and I'm very happy with him. I just have no idea what color he is.

The parents both look Smoke Pearl/Blue Seal. They are also either vienna or mismark, possibly Dutch? There were no BEWs in the litter though.
One kit looked to be either a blue or Blue sable.
Then this little guy and the only other kit were this color. I apologize for the photo quality, I had to take the photo with one hand, I had a bunny in the other hand.

I assumed tort but he just seems very light. I think he would be some sort of ee rabbit, which means both parents would be e carriers?
He is dilute for sure. Or is a Sable Point a non-extension Sable? Would that make him a non-extension Blue sable, so a Blue Sable Point?

So if I bred him to my Smoke Pearls, unless they are secretly carrying e(which I highly doubt), the kits would be Smoke Pearl carrying e, correct? And if I bred one of those kits back to him I would get ee kits, right?

I m probably all wrong, so please correct me! :lol:

Thanks in advance!

__________ Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:41 am __________

added more pics. and he is 6 weeks old by the way

Attachments

• IMG_8170.JPG
    IMG_8170.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_8172.JPG
    IMG_8172.JPG
    285.1 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_8173.JPG
    IMG_8173.JPG
    297.9 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_8175.JPG
    IMG_8175.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_8176.JPG
    IMG_8176.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_8180.JPG
    IMG_8180.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_8182.JPG
    IMG_8182.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 459
:D You are quite correct :judges:

I agree that the kit looks like a blue sable point = aa B_ cchl_ dd ee

His offspring will carry self, non-extension and dilute and he might have two shaded genes, but I would expect him to be a darker sable point :hmm: and he could carry himilayan or red eyed white instead

He looks like a blue point to me too
If you use ARBA standards, I'd try to avoid breeding any of his kits back to him because blue point isn't a recognized color.

Yay! I love this color.

I do not breed with ARBA standards, and there are no registry clubs where I live, so these are really just my fun project.

Thanks so much for the help! :D

Back