what color is this holland lop?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LopLionheadLady

Reaction score
Hi, EveryBunny! :bunnyhop: I am hoping to get a breeder buck for my rabbitry, the breeder I am planning to purchase him from is unsure what his color is yet. He is ten days old, and she thinks he may be a possible sable pt. Pls, let me know what you think!
thanks,
Haley! :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 681
SableSteel":23hqpeyp said:
But ten days old is too young to evaluate a rabbit for breeding potential
I quite agree with SableSteel that 10 days old is too young to consider any rabbit as a potential breeder. I understand that there are color projects that make it extremely tempting to keep anything as long as it's the right color, but until the kit is weaned and you can actually look at it's type somewhat more accurately there's too much potential for disaster in my opinion.

Wait until the litter is old enough to be evaluated to make your decision if you really want this particular buck. There's nothing wrong with telling the breeder you'd like to keep an eye on him as he grows, because it's a color you're looking for, but if his confirmation wouldn't improve your lines, maybe reconsider using him as a breeder.

The kits look adorable, though (as they always do!)! :in_love:

Back