What color are they?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeroBlanco

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new here, I write from Italy :)
I want to ask you a question about colors of these two little cuties that soon will be mine:

rabbits_zpspkuzsx0u.jpg

In your opinion, are they broken or charlie? And what is their color under the white? It seems that they don't have a only color, but I can't understand...
I don't know how are the parents, they are siblings.
Thank you in advance :)

Hello there.
I don't think either of them are charlies.
It is hard to tell with so much white, but I think the one of the left is chocolate tortoiseshell, and the one on the right is sooty fawn (or black tortoiseshell if you are using ARBA standards). Also, I'm not an expert on patterns, but if you were using BRC standards (which most of europe uses) I'd call them butterfly instead of broken.

Hi, I didn't know about butterfly pattern, I'm not an expert of the standards. I thought too that they had tortoiseshell different shades, but I was not sure. Thank you for your reply :D

Hi there!

I can't help much in the specific colors eithout better pictures, but I don't think either are Charlies. Often Charlie's have very little color on the white pattern, and often my Charlie's have only eye circles, ears, a few tiny spots or one small stripe down the back, and maybe one whisker pad colored, if even that. It looks like your babies have too much color to be Charlie's.

Winterwolf":15laweb9 said:
:welcome:

Hello, CeroBlanco! Welcome to RabbitTalk! :)
Thank you! :D I'm happy to be here!

PSFAngoras":15laweb9 said:
Hi there!

I can't help much in the specific colors eithout better pictures, but I don't think either are Charlies. Often Charlie's have very little color on the white pattern, and often my Charlie's have only eye circles, ears, a few tiny spots or one small stripe down the back, and maybe one whisker pad colored, if even that. It looks like your babies have too much color to be Charlie's.
I understand, thanks for the information! I'm very interested in rabbit genetics, but I have a lot to learn :lol:

Back