What color are these considered?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Cruising craigslist, just for some mindless entertainment I guess :roll: and came across this posting - DH looked over my shoulder and asked what they were - ummm, no idea! They're not really brokens, not really Dutch markings... they are pretty even and consistent throughout so... I don't know! What would you label this as? The posting says they have some "brown" some "black" and I can see some darker some lighter now that I look closer. Whatever it is I think it's actually pretty neat looking! Not that I am getting any new rabbits any time soon...

https://greensboro.craigslist.org/grd/6077436702.html

(In case the posting disappears I'll do a direct image, if that's OK)

00U0U_7VDvESMxIkU_600x450.jpg

Oh, they're broken alright. :mrgreen: They look like sables from here.
The frosted look on the faces actually remind me of the charlies from booted broken (low white) influence I used to get in my New Zealands. :?

Huh... I always pictured brokens as the distinct splotches/spots, and a pretty random mix within a litter (some more, some less, varying parts of the body)... nifty!

Dagnabit, the more I look at the picture, the more I want one :oops: . I do NOT need colorful rabbits, and this is why! I get way too drawn to the pretty ones :lol: If someone were to plop a magpic duo in front of me, though, I would likely cave... maybe that's why these appeal to me so much?? :hmm: Not quite the same, but it hints toward that...

They look like brokens with a lot of scattered white hairs. Often with a pattern like that, they clean up their markings a bit as they grow into adults.

I emailed asking what the parents were out of pure curiosity: the doe is a REW - pure "nigerian dwarf" - yes, like the goat. Looks nothing like a Netherland either. Pretty little rabbit though. The buck is a broken B&W something. They don't remember. Cleaner lines unlike the kits so it would be interesting to see how the coat would change as mentioned above by SableSteel. That response curbed the temptation to buy at least! :lol:

Considering the mom was a REW and I think all of these are broken siamese sable, the buck was probably a Charlie broken seal (which can look black to many people ;) )

Latest posts

Back