What are your rabbits habits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olafthebunny

Reaction score
My rabbit has an endless amount of habits. What are your rabbits habits and what do you think of them? I just thought this would give us something to laugh at :D

Olaf's habits mainly just annoy me. Some make me laugh but mainly moan. Oh the joys of having an indoor rabbit :lol:
His main habit is to chew the bars of his cage. I don't know why he does it, but it annoys the life out of me. I have thrown stuffed animals at his cage in the night. I have yelled " SHUSH!" in the middle of the night.
His next biggest habit is to dump over his water bowl. Now this, annoys me even more than chewing the bars. Because I lay a fleece type thing on the bottom of his cage to prevent sore hocks. It gets soaking and then he lays all over it. Before I had started to lay the fleece down, he would dump it so that the whole bottom of his cage would be wet. Then he rolls in it. I have no way to stop this. I would get a water bottle but they don't sell the nice big ones here and he probably would never use it. I just have to stick with it. Any ideas on how to stop this?
Now move on to some cute habits, I sound like I don't love my rabbit....
His cutest habit is to follow me or LFB around the room during his free range. It's too adorable. And don't tell me, I know the reason, I know it's because he wants a girlfriend, but it's still cute to me.
His next habit is just plain funny. It's to freak out every time he sees a doe. Literally. He will jump and leap around. He will honk to his hearts content. Even if he smells the doe smell on someone elses clothes he freaks out. It's too funny.

What are your rabbits habits? ( I love how that rhymes!) :lol:

I don't really have many rabbits with "bad" habits, I only want to breed the ones that are nice and easy to deal with... so their offspring are too ;) . One of my does likes to hold the bars of the cage in her mouth as she chews her food - she will grab a bite of pellets, hop over to the side of the cage, rest the top of her jaw on the cage bar and chew, opening and closing her mouth. She doesn't have any mouth or teeth problems, and she doesn't do it all the time, but she's just a cute weirdo. Another doe loves for her nose to be petted, but pushes up when you pet it to the point where I keep having to move my finger up on bar every few moments. Another doe will follow me around and loves her head to be petted, so much that she'll tuck it under your arm, or if she's in her cage, she will sit so that her (hanging) toy is resting on her head. Another doe I have will put her paws up as you walk by, literally jump into your arms, and start licking you. Those are just some of my favorites.

The most annoying habits that mine have are similar to yours. It involves undoing work that I have done or something that is good for them, like dumping food and or water. My pregnant does constantly dig an dump their litter pans, but I give them a free pass for a few weeks, still annoying tho! Also pooping outside the litter pan, when I know they know where to go!

Prince Charming, gets right in your way when you are trying to do anything in his cage... he just wants to be petted and can be very insistent.
Platinum, runs to the door of the cage, but runs away as you start to pet her.... she also plays with everything, so she gets extra toys
Little Red Riding Hood, loves to be petted and loved.. she gets in your way and if you don't shut the door will practically climb on you to get lovin'
TriHarder is affectionate and clammers at the cage door to get your attention at feeding time, loves to sent mark everything by rubbing his face on it... your arm/hand, water dish
Lenny is a digger and cage shaker...
Cinderella is a growler...loves being a mother and does great with large litters and fosters
Sheri has developed serious attitude and this is her last litter with us... I need Kevlar to do anything in her pen now.

These are my most personable rabbits... the others havn't developed a "habit" that has stuck with me yet.

These are all pretty cute, lol.

Clover is a sweetie-pie, doesn't matter if she's hungry or if you have the tastiest treat in the world... pet her first. "Pets" first food later. She's happy to be petted all over, though her favorite is to scratch on the top of her head and in between her ears. However Clover turns into a WITCH if you try and pick her up. HELL NO.

Jeri is pretty happy for the head pets and will bump your hand to get "groomed." Not a fan of the rest of her body, but very much enjoys the head.

D'artagnan is one of those super curious bucks who will run to greet you at the cage door and stick his head out to investigate. He's also a sweet boy but not prone to enjoying affection from us hoomans. Let him sniff you, feed him tasty treats, put a carry cage up to the pen mouth and he'll hop right in no problem. But don't try and pet him or he'll cower down and huntch his back.

I had one doe who wasn't the sweetest thing but very laid back. I often let her out to run around the yard while I was outside working on something. This doe would come when you called! Well, not by name but by clicking your tongue. Very handy when you can't find her in your huge backyard :lol:

2CrazyFools, a rabbit that comes when called is very handy!
Here are my rabbit's habits.
Lady Galadriel is obsessed with boys. If she is not bred she will literally jump out of your arms to get to them. She will jump out of the exercise pen to get to them. If I run her on the lead, the routine goes as such: Take her to the back of the yard, be ready to run like a rocket behind her, stop at the boy's cage, and repeat over and over. Also, when she's pregnant she's a pig. She dumps out food, poops in her bowls, poops on her resting pads, and generally makes everything disgusting(including herself) except the sacred nest box.

Eowyn is moody. One day she'll run to the front and beg for pets, the next she'll hide in the corner and growl at you.

Pippin is a poser. He loves to be photographed. He seems to know he is getting his pictures taken, and poses very nicely all by himself. He also HATES getting his nails trimmed.

Nutmeg looks like she's dead EVERY TIME she sleeps. We used to poke her just in case, but now we know it's normal. However, when she does die someday we will probably assume she's sleeping until we need to get her out :x

Nugget loves attention. If you pet him, he'll flop over with happiness. He'll sleep in your arms for hours.

Anna is the demon rabbit :twisted: She likes being petted(she also pushes up against your hand), but the moment you try and get her out she bolts around the cage. When you carry her she tries to escape. When you put her back she scratches. When she doesn't feel like being pet she nips. When she is supposed to be getting bred, she bolts around, escaped from the pen, jumps over the very confused buck, waits for him to breed her and then runs away when he tries, and nips him. She will be passed on to my friend who owns her sister(who happens to be a very friendly rabbit). Thank goodness!

Latest posts

Back