Register

Well I did it again four new Angoras

Keeping rabbits for their wool and methods of using it.
2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 720.00

Well I did it again four new Angoras

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Harelady » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:49 pm

I have a real soft spot for Angoras in need. I was looking on Craigslist just to see what was out there and noticed an ad for Angoras for sale. The pictures needed look good so I contacted the owner to see if she need any help with them. Turns out the lady was very sick and couldn't groom them properly. She told me they were all badly matted. So I contacted a friend to see if she would help me shear them and then picked them up. They were badly matted, full of mites, and skinny. The next morning one of the does have birth to seven babies. Unfortunately I did not know she was pregnant so she birthed on the wire on a cold night and they all died. The other doe now has a box just in case. We see if I keep them all. For now I rehabbing them. News names for them are Spinner, Sapphire, Tribble, and Tiny Tim. Here are some pictures.

The following user would like to thank Harelady for this post
Zass

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 1,290.00

Re: Well I did it again four new Angoras

Post Number:#2  Unread postby ozemba » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:19 pm

Goodness! If you were nearby I'd offer to help! Hopefully they all get better soon, good catch!

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 885.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby hotzcatz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:40 am

Are they any specific breed of angora? Did you get pedigrees with them? Satins? Germans?
Hula Bunny Yarn from Hillside Farm Hawaii
http://www.hillsidefarmhawaii.com

2 years of membership2 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 720.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Harelady » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:10 am

hotzcatz wrote:Are they any specific breed of angora? Did you get pedigrees with them? Satins? Germans?

No pedigrees and I am guessing on breed. The black doe has a lot of French characteristics. The little chocolate tort looks like an English. The two REWs I think are Germans mixes.