Register

Welcome to RabbitTalk

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
Site Admin
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 55,628.00

Welcome to RabbitTalk

Post Number:#1  Unread postby MaggieJ » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Welcome to RabbitTalk! We hope you enjoy your stay and come back often. If you have any questions about using this forum that aren’t answered here, please let us know.

Everyone is welcome to come here to read and learn, but you must register in order to post. Please include your location – province or state if you live in Canada or the United States –and perhaps a direction such as SW or NE. So many aspects of keeping rabbits are influenced by climate and so knowing where you are helps members to answer your questions and give relevant advice.

People keep rabbits for many different reasons and we have divided RabbitTalk into different categories and forums. We hope this will help you to zero in on your areas of interest and to skip those that are not relevant to you. Pet people have their place here, as do people raising rabbits for meat, fur or wool.

This is a friendly, inclusive forum and members are expected to show respect and tolerance for others. Please express yourself civilly, even when you disagree. The moderators will delete or edit inappropriate posts and posters of such will be warned. We won’t jump on you for an occasional mild expletive, but please keep your language appropriate and decent.

We have included a section for BUY, SELL and TRADE. Please limit your postings here to items pertaining in some way to rabbits. All transactions are the responsibility of the interested parties. RabbitTalk provides the space to post and nothing more.

Have fun, play nice and help us make RabbitTalk the friendliest, most helpful forum of its kind.

The following user would like to thank MaggieJ for this post
MidnightCoder, speakingtruth2you, turtlehead

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 32,806.00

Re: Welcome to RabbitTalk

Post Number:#2  Unread postby ladysown » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:21 pm

query...is there strictness of terms used here?
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

The following user would like to thank ladysown for this post
MaggieJ

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 4,796.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Anntann » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:29 pm

ladysown wrote:query...is there strictness of terms used here?

In a word...no.

swearing is discouraged, but otherwise....

We all just have to remember that any people new to the forum, or new to rabbits in general, may ask "what's a popple?" or might even be afraid to look stupid about colloquialisms. So...be prepared to answer questions :)

If it helps, you can think of this place as the breakfast table at your local rabbit club. Pull up a chair, grab a cinnamon BUN(ny) and a cup of coffee and talk with friends.

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 32,806.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby ladysown » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:34 pm

I can do that :)
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Site Admin
Canada Female

Post Number:#5  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:49 pm

We don't want restrictions on wording here - apart from hard-core swearing. Part of the fun of rabbits - and I firmly believe there should be an element of fun even when raising rabbits for profit - is being able to use those endearing or amusing terms like popple, bunny, buns, making bones etc. etc. Enjoy!

And thank you, Ladysown, for asking this question so that everyone knows we are not averse to a bit of fun here at RabbitTalk!
Last edited by MaggieJ on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Supporter

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Anntann » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:43 am

Everyone: Please ask any question you have about the board...how to use the various functions, where things are, how can we improve. We realize this forum has a lot of features that many of us aren't used to. It's been fun for me to find the "extras" that MidnightCoder has put in it. Like the Chatrooms. One big round table discussion, or individual rooms for folks who want to discuss one topic. in a word..WOW!

Explore, post, ask, answer, help. :)

BunnyBucks: 55.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby Blair » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:49 am

Anntann wrote:We all just have to remember that any people new to the forum, or new to rabbits in general, may ask "what's a popple?" or might even be afraid to look stupid about colloquialisms. So...be prepared to answer questions :)

Can I ask all the "stupid" questions then? I'm very good at that.

Site Supporter

Post Number:#8  Unread postby Anntann » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:50 pm

Blair wrote:
Anntann wrote:We all just have to remember that any people new to the forum, or new to rabbits in general, may ask "what's a popple?" or might even be afraid to look stupid about colloquialisms. So...be prepared to answer questions :)

Can I ask all the "stupid" questions then? I'm very good at that.

;) well, that WAS supposed to be my job, Blair. .... But I can share the duties. :D so, ASK AWAY!!

BunnyBucks: 9,270.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby trinityoaks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Could we "glean" all of the really useful information on natural feeding (including weeds), recipes, links, etc. from the "other forum" and repost it here? That "other forum" considers it public domain (see FAQs), so it's fair game.

Site Supporter

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Anntann » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:08 pm

heh. I'm pretty sure most of it will make it's way here eventually. Maggie is mainly responsible for the safe feeding and greens stuff anyway. The recipes...I'm hoping people will fill up the recipe thread down in Meat rabbits when they can :)

Site Admin
Canada Female

Post Number:#11  Unread postby MaggieJ » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm working on it, Trinityoaks, but it is a big job and is going to take me a little time to pull it together into a usable form. Hopefully most of what people need will be available by the time the greens start growing in the spring. :)

BunnyBucks: 9,270.00

Post Number:#12  Unread postby trinityoaks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:42 pm

MaggieJ wrote:I'm working on it, Trinityoaks, but it is a big job and is going to take me a little time to pull it together into a usable form.

Oh, no rush! I just didn't want to lose it.

BunnyBucks: 883.00

Post Number:#13  Unread postby bigbrologan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Is there a way to make my replies full editor all the time?

Site Supporter

Post Number:#14  Unread postby Anntann » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:47 pm

bigbrologan wrote:Is there a way to make my replies full editor all the time?

Instead of going into the thread, and replying at the bottom in that provided box, just hit "full editor" there and you'll get a new page with the full editor.

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 15.00

Post Number:#15  Unread postby cindmill13 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:28 am

What type of rabbit good for me, that means which breeds of rabbit is good for buy?
:bunnyhop:

Next