Weights??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crookdbeak13

Reaction score
So I am going to be weighing/nail trimming all rabbits today, so I was wondering what weight I should see for a Rex that was supposed to have born in April. Mind you, I have seen some improvement in their condition since I got them, but they don't appear to be more than maybe 4lbs or so....They were supposed to start my Rex line, but depending on how they weigh and breed, they just may become an expensive dinner!

I will try to post updated pictures sometime tonight!

Thanks in advance for the help!! :bunnyhop:

They are only 4 to 5 months and still juniors, according to the SOP they should weight 4 to 8.5 pounds

Seniors are 6 months and older and bucks should weight 7.5 to 9.5 and does 8 to 10.5 pounds

There is no intermediate class for Standard rex

Thanks Dood! I know they are not the best quality, but thought that they should be a little bigger..I guess they are probably on target then for weight. As soon as the rain stops, I will get out and weigh them!

Again, Thanks!

I need to weigh my does~ born in March and April.
I notice the older one has grown a fair bit in the last month or so... which surprised me, but is good, because she might just be coming into senior size.
The younger still seems small, but I am used to Calis and FGs who are just bigger overall.
My buck (8 months) was just over 8 lbs. two months ago, so he is good.
I think getting to size is an issue in SRs.

Well, their weights weren't as bad as I thought they were. I have one that is the smallest of the 3, but she is also the most active! I am going to post pics and PLEASE give opinions!!!

Doe#1
1UHZ6h7.jpg

ZyaEWTQ.jpg

liMAdyz.jpg

Doe#2
SqOIUDX.jpg

FyP7enY.jpg

kwAqoUP.jpg

Buck
ddFjVjo.jpg

Amra3oS.jpg

0GRV3Ym.jpg

I am still working with posing them and learning with them so I know they are not posed properly and the buck did not want to sit still at all! But PLEASE PLEASE provide opinions!

Back