We've Got Wigglers!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixGun

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
We just had a nice litter of 9 little wigglers kindled. Looks like 5 blue and 4 light colored, all solid color. So happy with this little doe.

15317891_10210160103214747_879651343419868389_n.jpg

My favorite by far was the popples who screamed.. Every time I stuck my hand in the nest. They stopped after a few days but it was pretty funny seeing the face they made, it was a bit pitiful that I was scaring them that much though

Look at all that wool!!! :p

Congrats on the little squirmy things, SixGun, I'm a little jealous! Please continue posting photos of them as they grow so I can drool over my keyboard. :oops:

I promise to post photos. I think they are just so much fun!!

I really was not sure she was bred. I palpated, felt nothing. Didn't see an upswing in diet or water intake. Her mood didn't change except for perhaps her being a little more cuddly.

But... you put in that box anyways. And hubby goes in last night and comes running back, "She had babies." It is his first litter. He is in awe!

-- Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:38 pm --

Getting to Popple stage

15327250_10210176736670573_99371303473847765_n.jpg
<br /><br /> -- Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:32 pm -- <br /><br /> Color question:

15355659_10210177053238487_2513860532772835200_n.jpg

We seem to have 4 white and 4 blue, and pedigrees would support that, however one kit is lighter in color than blue. Both sire and dam are blue. Is it Opal? or Lilac? Or something else? (I know its early!)

If both parents are blue it is probably lilac. It can't be opal as blue are "aa" therefore, neither parent has an "A" to give it. The other option would be a recessive at the "C" locus, such as shaded, lightening the color, however, if the pink babies are REW that rules that option out.

Congratulations on the great kindle! 9 is a really large litter for a first time mom.

http://www.thenaturetrail.com/rabbit-ge ... oat-color/

That one is a mystery!!
I found a site that talks colour genetics in ENGLISH for those of us that don't speak genetics.

I know (from my barn) I have a doe that carries Black, Blue, Chocolate and Lilac... The lilac have redish eyes and very soft dove grey colours.... My Blues and Blacks are easy to spot, but I have yet to get a chocolate.....but I have no idea what that beige coloured kit would be except opal??

Good luck and please update us with more photos.
:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

They're a week old now!
15326594_10210240717390051_1636116215957335119_n.jpg

If you'll notice we have 4 colors. 4 Blue, 3 White, and 2 oddballs. The oddball on the far right, tort maybe lilac (?) and the reddish looking one on the left might be a tort (?). As they grow out we will know more.

SixGun... Looks like a red? and a Lilac?
(doesn't make sense to get a red out of that group? does it?.. this is were you genetics whizzes get to pipe in here...lol)

My red kits looked similar at 1 week:
Lia's first litter -9.png

Here they are at 2 weeks:
28nov - 3.png

I love baby pictures... keep them coming! :D

I think you have a chocolate on the right because lilacs are a washed out Gray, and the left looks like my chocolate torte although I highly doubt it would be. More likely is a red. Will be interesting to see it as it gets a bit bigger :)

I sent pictures to the doe's breeder, and I'm trying my best with genetics, but I'm still at a loss, and think this is so much fun. LOL!
Anyways, with Chinchilla in the pedigree, the white ones might be Ermine (ooooohhhhhh) and then a tort and a lilac. ? ?
But the one on the left sure does look fawn / red tone to me, right?
So... I need the recommendation of a good color calculator. The two I've used, one is almost too difficult too use at my knowledge level and the other is almost too simple.

Latest posts

Back