We've Come a Long Way, Baby.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's the end of our 4H year and it's been a pretty darn good one on the rabbit front. My rabbit journey started about 2 years ago with a trio of rabbits and NOTHING was working right. I came here just in time to have my 4th new buck saved from asymptomatic pasturella-carrying does and started anew with a rabbits from a backyard meat producer. From heartbreak to this:

to_post.jpg

The girl in the orange apron gets another purple ribbon for Special Foods recipe "Quesadillas con Conejo" (Conejo is Spanish for rabbit) and we are eating self-produced meat 4-5 times per month, a huge step for us! Out of 65 entries (a big show for our small county) one of our bunnies took reserve overall champion losing to one professional show breeder, but beating out two experienced pet breeders.

Now that the rabbits are sticking around and doing what they're supposed to, the kids are starting to bond with the idea of having rabbits and producing their own meat. Next, we're going to learn to tan hides <puts Zass on speed dial>. Also, our rabbitry puts our little county over the top for a Spring ARBA show, so competition, here we come!

Anyway, RabbitTalk rocks, but y'all already knew that. Thanks again, everyone!

:cheer1: :cheer2: :cheer1: :cheer2:

Congratulations! It's so good to hear a rabbit success story from someone who hasn't had them for decades already. I'm still in the gathering information and preparing phase of my rabbit journey, and I'm sure I'll be leaning heavily on the experience of the lovely folks in the forum when I finally get under way!

Congrats again on the success and ribbons! :D

Fantastic!

giphy.gif

This is a testament to Rabbit Talk!
Wonderful that you are experiencing the JOY of rabbit keeping.

I love that you are getting you kids involved in not only the showing and raising, but also the food aspect of rabbit keeping.

Congrats!

Latest posts

Back