Register

We need YOUR help.

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,220.00

We need YOUR help.

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Miss M » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:56 am

Recently, some of our members (myself included) have had difficulty posting sometimes. Some things will post, but other attempts get error messages.

The error message looks like this (it may vary a little among browsers):

403 Error

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /posting.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at rabbittalk.com Port 80

Our Webmaster MidnightCoder has determined that someone at our new host company has blocked the use of certain words in an overzealous attempt to prevent hacking. We need to figure out what words are being blocked.

If you encounter this error when you attempt to post or send a PM, we would greatly appreciate it if you would spend an extra couple of minutes tinkering with the wording of your post, to figure out what word(s) is causing the error. You can post the word here (or PM it to any Admin or Mod), but you will need to modify the word in order for it to go through. You can do something like this:

f*i*r*e*w*a*l*l (this word was causing me problems yesterday)

Thank you all in advance!

This topic will remain a Sticky in the Welcome to Rabbittalk forum, as long as it is needed.
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 9,034.00

Re: We need YOUR help.

Post Number:#2  Unread postby mystang89 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks Miss M. I will try to break up what I was going to post when I get some time and see if there is a word or two I can find. I'll edit this post if I find any.

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 21,399.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Frosted Rabbits » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:09 pm

mystang89 wrote:Thanks Miss M. I will try to break up what I was going to post when I get some time and see if there is a word or two I can find. I'll edit this post if I find any.

Dang-- My post that i geto the wrror message on was lost n the rprocess of me trying to get it posted-- but I think the word was 'S@crew@ed" as in our medical system...
Terry
Help keep two Medical Service Dogs in top health: gofundme.com/1yvfgk

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Miss M » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks, Mystang! You don't have to edit your post, you can just add a new one if you like.

Terry -- it just let me post that word (I removed it), so I don't know... thanks for keeping an eye out! :)

- James Madison

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 18,951.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Bad Habit » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:11 pm

I was having that issue with posting a link to a FB image in the chat box, but I don't know if it is related or not. I was able to send the image to you through PM, so might not be.
Bad Habit Rabbits
Just like a Bad Habit, I can't make myself quit rabbits ;)
Visit My Website
Like Me on Facebook

Site Admin
Canada Male
BunnyBucks: 2,179.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby MidnightCoder » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:40 pm

This issue should be resolved now, but if you experience the problem again, please email the entire content of the post you were trying to make to bug@rabbittalk.com

If you're worried a post might be blocked, it's a good idea to highlight the whole post in the textbox, either by selecting it with your mouse, or simply hitting ctrl+a, and then copying it to your clipboard with ctrl+c or right click and copy. This way if your post is blocked, you won't lose it, you can simply paste it into an email to me.

Sorry for the hassle. The joys of working things out on a new host. Thanks for all the reports on the issue, it made it much easier to figure out what was going on. :)

The following user would like to thank MidnightCoder for this post
Bad Habit

BunnyBucks: 9,034.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby mystang89 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:56 pm

I just tried it again and got the same message. I went ahead and sent the text with a brief description of what I tried to do to the e-mail address you've posted.

Post Number:#8  Unread postby Miss M » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:02 pm

Bad Habit wrote:I was having that issue with posting a link to a FB image in the chat box, but I don't know if it is related or not. I was able to send the image to you through PM, so might not be.

Right... I couldn't even PM the word "firewall". :roll:

Thank you, MC, for helping us get back to normal... at least, normal for here... :P

- James Madison

BunnyBucks: 20,677.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby Marinea » Wed May 01, 2013 7:39 pm

I got it several times today as well. I was finally able to do a small post about my new rabbits. In a reply to my own post, I was able to add the info I could not put in the original post.

I tried about five different versions of my original post and kept getting the error. I was also trying to add the pic, but was finally able to do that.
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Miss M » Wed May 01, 2013 8:33 pm

If you have the problem again, please do send the full text of what you're trying to post to MC's address up there. :) Did you send him this one? If not, it's not too late. :)

- James Madison

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 22,540.00

Post Number:#11  Unread postby Secuono » Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm

I have an error, but I cannot post, PM or email it....

__________Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm ___________

I figured out what word I'm having issues with-

pen
i
cill
in

Post Number:#12  Unread postby Miss M » Wed May 01, 2013 9:10 pm

I just tried to post the word, CnB, and got the same error! Thank you, and I will pass it on to MC for you!!! :)

__________Wed May 01, 2013 9:10 pm ___________

Or did you do that already?

- James Madison

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Post Number:#13  Unread postby Secuono » Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Oh, nope, I didn't want to send it all over the place and have people wondering why I'm bothering everyone with the same thing. =D
Does the host not have a list of blocked words or do they not want to give it up?

What are some other words that were blocked? Maybe there is a pattern or certain types of words the person chose and we could figure them out?

Post Number:#14  Unread postby Miss M » Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 pm

ChickiesnBunnies wrote:Oh, nope, I didn't want to send it all over the place and have people wondering why I'm bothering everyone with the same thing. =D

Oh, okay, I'll send it to him, then. :)

ChickiesnBunnies wrote:Does the host not have a list of blocked words or do they not want to give it up?

I don't know if they have a list of words that MC can see... I think MC just figured out what some of them were, based on some of the info he got from us.

ChickiesnBunnies wrote:What are some other words that were blocked? Maybe there is a pattern or certain types of words the person chose and we could figure them out?

The short list he posted in the Mod forum just to see if the problem looked resolved was full of terms related to a range of computer security issues. Stuff like "route", "cmd", ".exe", "firewall", and so on (even "curl"). So p*e*n*i*c*i*l*l*i*n isn't even remotely related, as far as I know! That one's just strange... but then again, maybe it has a secondary meaning that I don't know. Like "curl"... who knew? :roll:

- James Madison

Post Number:#15  Unread postby Secuono » Wed May 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Well, that really is weird!
But curl sounds familiar....

Found this via Google
"curl is a command line tool for transferring data with URL syntax"

__________Wed May 01, 2013 9:35 pm ___________

Found out why Pen.i.cill.in may of been blocked.

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/2508/

I think if we tried a whole list of commands and code related words, we might find a bunch that are blocked.

Next