We have popples!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
Vixen, one of our Cal does, kindled sometime last night or this morning. She built a beautiful nest, and so far we've counted at least 8 kits. We'll do a full count and get some photos as soon as I can get some time later.

Branwyn, one of our Zil does, is making hay bones this morning, so I'm HOPING that she'll make a good nest this time (she's the one who kindled on the wire last time and then stomped them after I got them into the nest).

Hopefully we'll see some action out of our other Cal doe, Pola, and our other two Zil does, Chica and Dot. Today is Day 33 for the Cals and Day 31 for the Zils.

Anntann":3ja3yrff said:
Do you like the Cals? (well, obviously you DO since you have some).
We've only had them since January, and this is our first litter with them. They're a lot bigger than I expected. We've wanted Cals for a long time, though.

Anntann":3vr95b8u said:
ohohohohoh!!! POPPLES!!

Do you like the Cals? (well, obviously you DO since you have some). Can't wait for pictures if possible :)

I don't always like the breeds of rabbits I get .. ;)though I like the indiviuals or they wouldn't come in the door :)

Just got back from putting fresh hay in the nest box and taking stock. Eleven popples, all alive and squirming in a wonderful nest. DS13 took several photos while we had them uncovered, but they're a bit blurry. Here's the best one:

image.php

Branwyn is still alternating between stuffing yet more hay into her nest box and climbing in to scratch at the bottom of the box. DH said that while she was laying on her side this afternoon, he saw kits in her belly.

Nothing from the other three yet, but Pola, our other Cal doe, has been laying on her side quite a bit today.

Back