We have lift off! Pretty sure it was a feed issue...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does are finally lifting, 100% willing to breed! YAY! Include my moody harlequin dutch - I really need her to go, but want to get some colors from her first... dummy me sold the one I wanted to keep from the last litter she had.

A couple of threads have been mentioning diet as a possible cause and I am thinking that is the case. I never had any issues with Bartlett feed, but had to switch after the F&S went out of business. I have been using Tractor Supply's feed (I can never remember the name... it will come to me later... tan and green bag). The rabbits really enjoy it, but maybe the scarfing of pellets (same ration I have always fed) isn't a good sign? I bought some of those cheap mineral discs and they have actually been licking on them (in the past when I bought them they went untouched so I thought they were pointless). Also feeding more rose and apple branch clippings, some wild onions, pinecones to chew on, and some veggies from the kitchen occasionally (carrots, apples, bananas, kale, etc.). They got a LOT of greens and veggies in the summer, but I tapered off this winter. I guess the combination of the feed change (back in July/August) and the lack of extras wasn't a good thing.

Glad to hear you finally have "lift-off." :lol:

Quite often increasing fresh foods helps, and I think the mineral discs were likely a good idea too. Feeds differ in degree to which they are fortified.

The longer days may be helping too, making them feel a bit more frisky. :bunnyhop:

MaggieJ":3aobizmk said:
Glad to hear you finally have "lift-off." :lol:

Quite often increasing fresh foods helps, and I think the mineral discs were likely a good idea too. Feeds differ in degree to which they are fortified.

The longer days may be helping too, making them feel a bit more frisky. :bunnyhop:

The longer days are probably helping, but this actually started way back in the fall! I never would have put two and two together with the possible connection with feed... I didn't think much of it at first, but then it was months later and still nothing :roll:

Latest posts

Back