• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Rabbit Pelts

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celice

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!!! I'm in the market to buy some more rabbits pelts! it doesn't matter if they are tanned or dried out. doesn't matter how they were skinned. Just let me know what you have and your prices on what you'd like to get from them! :D

Thanks everyone and happy early Valentine's Day! :pinkbunny:

*peers into freezer*

Some pretty colors in there... Can't get back to you about them until later though since weekends are three 12 hour shifts at work.

If you don't mind me asking, what are they for? :D

Zass":6sivhycm said:
*peers into freezer*

Some pretty colors in there... Can't get back to you about them until later though since weekends are three 12 hour shifts at work.

If you don't mind me asking, what are they for? :D

cool! I've always loved your bunnies Zass! I don't mind one bit for the wait.

I wanna make a blanket and a vest. I've got 40+ hides coming back to me from the tannery but I'm not sure if that will be enough since most of them are different sizes. ;D

I've got a few ... some tanned & stretched , some just tanned.

Some rex , some not .... Have to look and see what I'm willing to part with.

They are black , lilac & chocolate.

Ramjet":3ihw50g6 said:
I've got a few ... some tanned & stretched , some just tanned.

Some rex , some not .... Have to look and see what I'm willing to part with.

They are black , lilac & chocolate.

Cool! I'd love to grab some rex pelts. how much are you asking for them?

I got a massive bag of them in my freezer rn. Obviously not tanned at all. Some rex, some not, all kinds of colors. How would someone ship raw pelts like that anyway?

Also what are you offering for raw pelts and what size range and fur types are you preferring? I can fish out all I've got that fits and take a pic (I think I've got somewhere between 10 and 20 rn). I need to clear the freezer out with my house being up for sale right now and all (some buyers are super nosy and yes this has me nervous about possible ARA).

Deer Heart":1pw450d2 said:
I got a massive bag of them in my freezer rn. Obviously not tanned at all. Some rex, some not, all kinds of colors. How would someone ship raw hides like that anyway?

Also what are you offering for raw hides and what size range and fur types are you preferring? I can fish out all I've got that fits and take a pic (I think I've got somewhere between 10 and 20 rn). I need to clear the freezer out with my house being up for sale right now and all (some buyers are super nosy and yes this has me nervous about possible ARA).

you can always air-dry them or trapper-dry as it's sometimes called. which is basically taking them out of the freezer, turn them so the flesh side is out and, stretch them while leaving them in a cool spot with no sunlight and wait until they dry out this usually takes about 72hrs.

I'm mostly looking for rex pelts but the others would be fine too. I can offer cash or a trade off for when I send them off to the tannery I can send some professionally tanned hides back as payment :D

haha my memory is terrible. I forgot I lost a large amount of furs when I had a power outage. Just opened my bag up, only 7 rabbits and a goat pelt; no rex :( Sorry for getting them hopes up. (2 wt, 2 broken blk, 1 small blk, and 2 --- I guess chinchilla but one is grey w/ blk ticking and the other is brown w/ fawn ticking, I'll get you some pics)

Deer Heart":27bmz5ae said:
haha my memory is terrible. I forgot I lost a large amount of furs when I had a power outage. Just opened my bag up, only 7 rabbits and a goat pelt; no rex :( Sorry for getting them hopes up. (2 wt, 2 broken blk, 1 small blk, and 2 --- I guess chinchilla but one is grey w/ blk ticking and the other is brown w/ fawn ticking, I'll get you some pics)

lol! no worries! I can still take them if you don't want them :)

I was planning to tan them all after the move and make some toys but if you're buying I could seriously use the money towards the new farm, haha. Or, I don't know, a trade could be certainly worked out too. How much would it cost to get a Dwarf goat hide done fur-on? (I also understand if you're not interested in the two that got quite a bit of blood on them by accident and the much smaller black - everything was meat mutts except the 1 wht one - that is nzw)

__________ Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:20 pm __________

correction! there's only one white. Just pulled the bottom white one flat, it had light brown ticking spots so had to of been a meat mutt too.

Attachments

• IMG_20160213_195716.jpg
    IMG_20160213_195716.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8,265
  • IMG_20160213_195734.jpg
    IMG_20160213_195734.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 8,265
  • IMG_20160213_195742.jpg
    IMG_20160213_195742.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 8,265
  • IMG_20160213_202122.jpg
    IMG_20160213_202122.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 8,264
those look fantastic! some very nice looking rabbit hides!

I send my hides to Moyle Mink & Tannery I can't find a price for your goat hide but I can all and ask on monday if you like. :)

tannery website: http://www.moytown.com/

Celice":25ckb6sg said:
those look fantastic! some very nice looking rabbit hides!

I send my hides to Moyle Mink & Tannery I can't find a price for your goat hide but I can all and ask on monday if you like. :)

tannery website: http://www.moytown.com/

What can I say? I love my roasters.

Oh wow, they look really good! Now I need to figure out how to dry everything without house hunters finding out XD

Deer Heart":2skzo1dt said:

Oh wow, they look really good! Now I need to figure out how to dry everything without house hunters finding out XD

Yep, I have one other tannery in mind if they don't take the goat hide.

lol, do you have a shed? just so long as it stays out of the sun. you can even put non-idolized salt on it to help it dry faster and keep the fur from slipping.

Celice":32prqcfq said:
Deer Heart":32prqcfq said:

lol, do you have a shed? just so long as it stays out of the sun. you can even put non-idolized salt on it to help it dry faster and keep the fur from slipping.

You are a genius! my shed is full of my stuff in boxes right now. Would it hurt the furs to lay them skin up along the top of the boxes in a row and salt them a bit? I have to be careful as this is Florida.

Deer Heart":2uoxx8ga said:
Celice":2uoxx8ga said:
Deer Heart":2uoxx8ga said:

You are a genius! my shed is full of my stuff in boxes right now. Would it hurt the furs to lay them skin up along the top of the boxes in a row and salt them a bit? I have to be careful as this is Florida.

LOL! Yeah! they should be fine! then just send them to me. I've got a waterhouse that I put mine in :D <br /><br /> __________ Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:16 am __________ <br /><br /> if anyone else has pelts let me know! I's like to get a lot :D

How does that tannery factor cost ? Did I read it was by weight ??? Is that dry or wet ?

Any idea what it comes out to on average per pelt ??

If its reasonable m I might start sending mine there instead of doing all that hand work ....

Can you post a pic or two of the leather side of some finished hides from them ?? Please !

Ramjet":2n43hq1g said:
How does that tannery factor cost ? Did I read it was by weight ??? Is that dry or wet ?

Any idea what it comes out to on average per pelt ??

If its reasonable m I might start sending mine there instead of doing all that hand work ....

Can you post a pic or two of the leather side of some finished hides from them ?? Please !

the way this tannery works is the more pelts you send the cheaper it is.

pricing list: http://www.moytown.com/docs/MMT_priceli ... essing.pdf

they always come back dry tanned and it's really good leather. I started doing it this way because I have a hard time tanning older rabbit pelts since they are much thicker than 8lb meat rabbits.

untitled_by_tricksters_taxidermy-d9ruz0m.jpg

untitled_by_tricksters_taxidermy-d9ruz2f.jpg

I have a freezer full of pelts. Not sure what all is in there. I raise meat mutts and satins. My son is a trapper (just finished the fur sale this weekend) so throwing them on a stretcher and drying them is no problem. We'll just have to thaw them out. Not sure what all I have in there, but these are the colors we usually see. In regular fur, we have agouti, palomino, white, lightly pointed/Himalayan, black, sable, black torte, broken black, broken sable, sable marten, etc. Our current satins are torte, lightly pointed/Himalayan, palomino/light red. We may also have some black and chinchilla in there (we weren't getting any for awhile). There are probably some in there from when we first started, but now as a trapper, when he skins he does face on, pelt fully in tact. Let me know!

TerriG":17pjk9pm said:
I have a freezer full of pelts. Not sure what all is in there. I raise meat mutts and satins. My son is a trapper (just finished the fur sale this weekend) so throwing them on a stretcher and drying them is no problem. We'll just have to thaw them out. Not sure what all I have in there, but these are the colors we usually see. In regular fur, we have agouti, palomino, white, lightly pointed/Himalayan, black, sable, black torte, broken black, broken sable, sable marten, etc. Our current satins are torte, lightly pointed/Himalayan, palomino/light red. We may also have some black and chinchilla in there (we weren't getting any for awhile). There are probably some in there from when we first started, but now as a trapper, when he skins he does face on, pelt fully in tact. Let me know!

those sound nice!!! email sent!

Celice, I am sorry I may not be able to send you mine until after I move! I didn't have room in there for more than a couple pelts and then immediately realized while trying to set it up that the weather forecast is warming up again, way too warm for skin to be outside in a metal shed.

Back