• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: PELTS with Ears on

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DumansArk

Reaction score
I need two things.

Rex Rabbit Fur, and a tanned Rabbit Ears. The easiest way to obtain this would be to buy a pelt that has been tanned with the ears on, but, I am not choosy at this point. This is for a Christmas gift (YIKES!! RUNNING OUT OF TIIIIME) and the ears will be detachable (It's a long story).

Lop ears and Rex pelts are fine; whatever I can get ahold of easily and preferably quickly ;)

Who has some for sale? What are you charging? I better go check Etsy too. Sheesh I wish I'd gotten on this sooner :(

I have a tanned white rabbit face with ears on. They were not shaped when I dried them. It was prepped for taxidermy, and a taxidermist would shape the ears themselves when they re-hydrated it.

I can fix that for you.

Curious, what are you making?

I was hoping you'd have something Zass! :p

For Gift #1 I am making a rabbit purse/bag (with full head and ears) and Gift 2 is the one I need the supplies for: Rex Rabbit Mittens with dangling bunny ears. The ears will dangle from the wrist area of the mitten. For the record, I did not design these. My sister has a twisted sense of humor and made the request :mrgreen:

DumansArk":3q38zz7o said:

It's kinda my thing, you know. ;)

If I re-hydrate the ears to shape them, it will take a day or two to dry them back out.
It's pretty dry here with all this snow, so it won't take too long.
I could get them to you before christmas. I wouldn't charge. They won't cost more than a stamp to send.

Can't help with the rex fur, maybe someone else on here can?

hmmm, I'll have to start skinning with the face on again. (I used too) I do have 4 tanned hides (one has the tail on) and LOTS of preserved bunny feet.

Celice":2o9w03rb said:
hmmm, I'll have to start skinning with the face on again. (I used too) I do have 4 tanned hides (one has the tail on) and LOTS of preserved bunny feet.

You know they are worth tons more with their faces. Even just a tanned head is easier to sell than a back hide, and it's SO much easier then de-boning feet.

wow! I'll try that! maybe if I make it wallhanger quality with feet too. I'm having a hard time selling these back hides.

Celice":2m25ih1v said:
wow! I'll try that! maybe if I make it wallhanger quality with feet too. I'm having a hard time selling these back hides.

If they are for taxidermy you can wet tan. Don't break it soft, unless it's an unusual color. If it's unusual, it's an easy sell to collectors, and they will want it soft and shaped.

Don't forget to split their teeny little lips, but don't bother to turn the ears. No one uses ear liners with rabbits anyway.

Oh, yeah! rabbits have thick cheeks and HAVE to get the lips turned or the rot may stick in there.

Gosh! I tried turning ears once but I failed horribly, so I just leave them now. I've gotten better at my tanning so when I butcher again I'll try for a lifesize

Zass":3fa4e7hw said:
DumansArk":3fa4e7hw said:

It's kinda my thing, you know. ;)

If I re-hydrate the ears to shape them, it will take a day or two to dry them back out.
It's pretty dry here with all this snow, so it won't take too long.
I could get them to you before christmas. I wouldn't charge. They won't cost more than a stamp to send.

Can't help with the rex fur, maybe someone else on here can?

Zass, WOW!!! Thank you so, so much! Do you have any interest in gardening? I have harvested a number of seeds this year - tomatoes to zinnias and they wouldn't cost more than a stamp for me either :) I'll send you a PM!

DumansArk":2jdr9fua said:
Zass, WOW!!! Thank you so, so much! Do you have any interest in gardening? I have harvested a number of seeds this year - tomatoes to zinnias and they wouldn't cost more than a stamp for me either :) I'll send you a PM!

Everyone here loves to garden, so that would make a perfect trade. :cool:

Celice":357kqq0l said:

Celice, I am sending you a PM :) Thanks!

DumansArk":366075h8 said:
Celice":366075h8 said:

Celice, I am sending you a PM :) Thanks!

okay! I'll be on the look out for it! :)

Zass":30i7vp1u said:
DumansArk":30i7vp1u said:

Everyone here loves to garden, so that would make a perfect trade. :cool:

Spectacular! :D

Cecile and Zass - I sent PMs, but neither are showing up in my "Sent" items. Hmmmm... well, if you don't get anything from me, please email at [email protected] if you don't mind. I'll send my address to you, Zass and Cecile I was wondering what you are charging. Thanks so much!

DumansArk":8esrq97v said:
Cecile and Zass - I sent PMs, but neither are showing up in my "Sent" items. Hmmmm... well, if you don't get anything from me, please email at [email protected] if you don't mind. I'll send my address to you, Zass and Cecile I was wondering what you are charging. Thanks so much!

sent you an email.

Please tell me there will be pics of these gifts when you get them done. I'm trying to picture dangling rabbit ears. Elop ears would be hysterical.

Latest posts

Back