waiting for our July litters

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
2 due tomorrow and 1 on the 30th. Kishou is being difficult. I should have gotten the smallest size box instead of going up one. Oddly the does dislike too large of box than too small of box.

I started with the box in the bottom corner and the feeder in the corner with the water bottle. She made her nest in the top corner. I put her nest in the box and moved it to the top corner. She built a nest in the bottom corner. I put the new nest in to the box and set the feed dish in the way. Now she has a nest in the water bottle corner and keeps grunting at me for trying to move it.

Sui hasn't pulled fur yet. I hope she does better. I need to grab some more oat hay/straw for Snickers. I found an extra box but it's even bigger than the ones I have. Snickers does have slightly more cage space than Kishou and Sui has a full 3' cage so swapping could be done. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:12 am __________ <br /><br /> 2 healthy brokens, 1 stillborn, and a runt chin of some type that may not make it. I think she's done but I decided to leave them in front of the box for tonight to be sure and a higher chance they'll all get fed. That way Kishou will have time to adjust to feeding them in the box without them getting too weak.

If they come with a noun for a name I look up the japanese equivalent. Like one person names all of their rabbits after trees with the scientific name so Morus that means mulberry became Kuwa in japanese. Otherwise I just pick a characteristic and then half the time forget what the name meant. Sometimes it's a joke noone will get. All my roosters were named variations of shutup. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:23 pm __________ <br /><br /> 1 stillborn, 2 regular brokens, and 1 tiny chinchilla kit. Not sure whether it's actually a peanut. It's so small but it doesn't really look out of proportion and I think it fed.

I would say snickers is definitely pregnant. She's my nicest doe and she just charged me for cleaning her cage. Technically her box is supposed to go in tomorrow but I went ahead and gave it to her. Found one of my mini rex size boxes. Sui is doing nothing so far. I figured if any of them got bred it would be her and not Kishou who unwillingly only got covered once. Sui is only one day late so far. I'm crossing my fingers for more litters and my husband is whining about baby rabbits everywhere. :lol:

__________ Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:59 am __________

Yay Sui has a haystache. That's 2 pregnant out of 3 so far. Hopefully she pops out kits tonight. I'm going to breed my lilac ermine today if she'll cooperate. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:33 pm __________ <br /><br /> 3 silver martens from Sui but she lost one

Kishou's remaining 2. I couldn't find the runt. I assume it's dead and buried down in the bedding somewhere. I'll have to dig around.

Back